We all dream for younger looking skin with no signs of age spots, deep wrinkles, breakouts or skin damage. Fortunately, dermatologists are constantly discovering new research studies and making new discoveries every day. Here are some recent breakthroughs and expert tips you might not have heard.
Tip 1: Focus on what goes IN your body… not just On it
Dermatologists are not just going to tell you what lotion and supplementation to use… they’re going to tell you to start with your healthy diet. Make sure you are:
- Getting enough vitamin D
- Getting enough omega 3-fatty acids
- Staying hydrated
- Eating fresh – not processed food
Tip 2: Reduce Sun Exposure
It’s a no secret that sun exposure is heavily related to premature signs of aging. To minimize the sun’s effects on the skin, here are some useful tips:
- Wear plenty of sunscreen daily (especially on the face- try natural sunscreen with moisturizing properties)
- Exercise in the morning and evening to avoid peak hours
- Wear protective clothing and seek shade outdoors
Tip 3: Use Antioxidant Serums
Antioxidants help to avoid damage from free-radicals.
- Using any facial product with antioxidant is a good idea, but serums penetrate the skin more rapidly.
- You can also incorporate antioxidants into your diet. They’re found many common foods such as berries, beans, apples, and artichokes.
Tip 4: Perfect your morning/night routine
- Start your day with a natural sunscreen
- Remove makeup nightly
- Use a retinoid and a moisturizer after cleansing
- Get plenty of rest!
Read more about: Skin problems and barrier repair