If you don’t like to spend too much time in the kitchen but want to try comfort food recipes, here are some you can prepare quickly:
1. Lazy Lasagna
What you need
- Meaty past sauce (1 jar)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese (1 cup, divided)
- Ricotta cheese (1 cup)
- Lasagna noodles (8 ounces broken in 2-inch pieces)
- Parmesan cheese (1/3 cup, grated)
- Preheat your oven to about 400°F.
- Cook the lasagna as per the directions printed on the package.
- Mix all half a cup of mozzarella cheese, all of the ricotta and parmesan cheese in a bowl.
- When the noodles are ready, drain it using a colander and stir in the cheese mix.
- Spread 1 cup of the meaty pasta sauce on a baking dish that is greased.
- Layer the cheesy lasagna strips on the sauce and then add one cup of sauce on top and repeat.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and pop the dish in the oven. Make sure to cover the dish with a greased foil and bake for 10 – 15 minutes or till the cheese melts.
You can also add a few layers of baby spinach in the lasagna for a healthy kick. Plus, make sure to add the cheese mixture right after draining the cooked lasagna or the noodles will clump together. Add a dash of olive oil to the noodles after draining to keep them smooth and mixable.
2. Pecan Pie
What you need
- All purpose flour (2 tbsp and 1 cup)
- Milk (2/3 Cup)
- Baking Powder (3 tsp)
- Sugar (3/4 cup)
- Salt (1/4 tsp)
- Butter (1/2, cubed)
- Vanilla extract (1 tsp)
- pecans (1 and a half cup, coarsely chopped)
- Toffee bits (3/4 cups)
- Boiling water (1 and a half cups)
- Brown sugar (1 cup, packed)
- Preheat your oven to about 350°
- Heat the butter in the baking pan in the preheated oven till it melts.
- Mix baking powder, flour, salt and sugar in a bowl and stir in milk until well combined (you can also add vanilla ice cream for taste).
- Take out the pan from the oven and add the batter.
- Sprinkle the batter with pecans, toffee, and the brown sugar.
- Pour hot water on top slowly and without stirring the mixture.
- Pop the dish in the oven and bake till the pie turns golden brown. This shouldn’t take more than 35 minutes tops.
- Cool on a cooling rack for 30 minutes and serve with your preferred ice cream.
3. Cheeseburger pasta
What you need
- Milk (2 cups)
- Penne pasta (1 package)
- Worcestershire sauce (1 tbsp.)
- Beef broth (1 and ¼ cup)
- All-purpose flour (half a cup)
- Ground mustard (3 tsp)
- Diced tomatoes (2 cans, drained)
- Butter (1/4 cup, cubed)
- Ground beef (1 pound)
- Green onions (4, chopped)
- Parmesan cheese (2/3 cup grated)
- Monterey Jack cheese (3 cups, shredded)
- Cook the pasta as per the directions printed on the package.
- Cook and crumble the beef in a Dutch oven over medium heat till it is no longer pink. This should not take more than 7 minutes.
- Removed the cooked beef from the pan with a slotted spoon and pour the drippings.
- In the same pan melt the butter and stir in the flour till it is smooth. Cook and keep stirring for 2 or 3 minutes and make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Whisk in milk, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and broth slowly into the pan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cook till it thickens. Stir constantly for 2 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes and keep boiling.
- Reduce the heat and let the contents simmer for a few minutes.
- Add in the pasta, beef and green onions and mix.
- Stir in both kinds of cheese till they melt and sprinkle the reaming on top.
- Cover the pan and let it stand till all of the cheese has melted.
These baked recipes are quick to prepare and will astound your friends. Invite them today!