January is the month when we commit to our new year’s resolutions. One of the main resolutions that millions of people set for themselves is to lose weight. This January we’re committing to eat clean and exercise in order to be healthy and lose all that extra weight we have gained during the holidays.
Eating Goals for January
- Keep your meals simple and your ingredients to a minimum. The simple the meals, the easier it will be to stay on track.
- Cook at least 1 meal at home every day. This way you’ll control what you eat.
- Avoid highly processed foods, colored with dyes and full of preservatives.
- Stop buying junk food. If you stop buying it, you’ll stop eating it.
- Have 4-5 meals a day. Have 3 main meals and 2 snacks.
- Don’t eat at least 2 hours before going to bed.
- No candy and no fast food. If you’re out for lunch, order a salad or cooked meat with lots of veggies.
- No soda and no sugary drinks. This means no Diet Coke also.
- Eat any fresh veggies or fruits you like (frozen or fresh).
What Is Eating Clean?
Eating clean means eating whole foods, unprocessed, cooked in ways that don’t add extra toxins or chemicals. It also means eating lots of fresh veggies, fruits, lean meats, tofu, soy, whole grains, healthy dairy, drinking fresh juices and plenty of water.
You have to avoid fast food, fried food, junk food, white flour, soda, sugary drinks, processed sugar and foods that contain saturated fat, toxins, preservatives, dyes, etc. The best way to make sure you’re eating clean is to prepare your own meals at home. Make a lot of salads, green smoothies, healthy snacks and see how healthy you’ll feel.
How Do You Know That You’re Eating Enough Food?
If you’re doing light to moderate exercises then you’ll need to eat 1300-1600 calories per day. If you do a lot of exercising and you have a lot of weight to lose, start out at eating 1400-1900 calories per day. Each person is different and you need to find the way of eating that works for you.
If you want to know how many calories you should be eating visit My Fitness Pal.
Check out the meal plans for each week: