One of the most common and easy-to-make-at-home dishes of Thai cuisine is fried rice. An easy dish to find in any restaurant or street food stall in the country, Thai fried rice has the advantage of being able to accompany it with any ingredient, which makes it possible to cook it to everyone’s taste.
Also, if you are fond of Bangkok rice, you can prepare the recipe below. It is the Bangkok rice with shrimp salad recipe, that we hope you will find easy to prepare and delight all your friends and family.
Bangkok or Thai fried rice is one of the most popular Thai dishes in the world. And no wonder, because it is outstanding. Actually, it is a dish that allows many variations. The basis for its preparation is always choosing the best rice, if possible jasmine type, and the use of a wok to make it. Above all, if you like food of other cultures and especially that of Asia, Thai fried rice will be your choice.
Bangkok rice with shrimp salad
Learn how to prepare this typical and appetizing meal of Thailand.
For its preparation you have to have at hand the following ingredients, which will be sufficient for four diners:
- 14 oz (400 grams) of cooked rice (3.5 oz or 100 grams per person).
- 7 oz (200 g) of shrimp.
- 1 spoonful of soy sauce.
- 1 onion.
- 1 tomato.
- 1 spoonful of white pepper.
- 1 sprig of fresh parsley.
- 1 egg per person.
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
To prepare this exquisite recipe follow the directions below:
- In a frying pan we begin to brown the vegetables (except the tomato) that we have previously finely chopped.
- Add the shrimps and let them cook with the vegetables.
- Add the tomato pieces and stir to heat them.
- After having browned the vegetables and the shrimp a little (2 min), add the egg. These eggs are not beaten but added, they are broken while stirring with a spatula and mixed with the vegetables.
- Add salt, pepper and soy sauce.
- Add the cooked rice.
- Add the chopped parsley (stem included).
- Stir and serve immediately.
As you can see, the dish is very easy to make and only requires 5 minutes. For more information we invite you to visit riceselect.com/recipe/bangkok-rice-shrimp-salad and get any other detail you may require.
- The good thing about this dish is that all the ingredients are very easy to find in our countries.
- One of the keys of the dish is not to cook the vegetables too much, they have to be al dente.
- Remember that you can accompany the dish with any ingredient you like. For instance, chicken, vegetables, tofu, fish. As you know, fried rice can be accompanied with everything.
- The ideal is to make this dish in the typical Asian wok and if you can portion by portion.
- In addition to the type of rice, the pan used to make Thai rice is key. In fact, it is best to use a wok, which is deep and heats up quickly even if new ingredients are added. Above all, this is an advantage when working with high heat, essential for preparing Thai-style fried rice.
- Moreover, the wok allows high heat to be applied to the food without burning it. At the same time it keeps their flavor and aroma intact. and thanks to its shape, there will be no pieces of rice or vegetables escaping from the sides.
- Shrimp can be seasoned with herbs like basil in order to enhance its flavor. Also, try combining your favorite herbs and spices and you will achieve the mix that works for you.
- This recipe is perfect to prepare during the summer, since shrimp salads are found to be refreshing in those times.
Now you know a little better what Thai-style rice looks like. And that, apart from the rice base, all kinds of ingredients can be added. In fact, there are even versions suitable for vegans. Furthermore, if you use aromatic Jasmati rice, and fish sauce, it will be a complete success. You can try it in one of the Thai food places in your area.
Or, why not? visit Thailand on a trip and enjoy this delicious dish. There you can order it in restaurants or street stalls because it is very popular.