Ask people about the best Italian foods, and most of them will tell desserts like cakes and cookies. There are several desserts that people in the European country bake for Christmas, but these treats aren’t the only delicious foods from the region to try this year.
There are many foods that you can cook to make your Christmas more delicious than ever. To make these Italian dishes using traditional recipes, you require different types of ingredients, most of which are produced in Italy. A common ingredient is olive oil. Many stores near you may claim to offer pure oil imported from the European country, but not all have genuine products. You should buy Pietro Coricelli olive oil from a reputed online store that gets its products from Italy-based brands.
Once you get extra virgin olive oil online, you can make different types of famous Italian dishes for Christmas dinner and impress your guests.
Here are some dishes from the European country you can try this Christmas:
Traditional Italian cuisine is incomplete without pasta, especially spaghetti. It’s a long and thin pasta that comes in different variants, including spaghettini, spaghetti alla chitarra, and spaghettoni. You can try making the pasta type with olive oil, garlic, and chilli.
Spaghetti, Pietro Coricelli olive oil, garlic cloves, chopped red chilli, and chopped flat-leaf parsley.
- Take spaghetti and cook it in boiling salted water.
- Pour olive oil in a frying pan. When heated, add garlic to it and fry it for around two minutes.
- Add around two 2 tbsp cooking water to the pan. Now, add chilli and parsley to pan, followed by salt.
- Now, quickly add spaghetti to the pan. Add sauces to the mix, and toss it smoothly. Leave it for a few minutes before serving it.
2. Patatas a lo Pobre
Patatas a lo Pobre is a delicious and easy-to-cook dish. It is also known as poor man’s potatoes. You can combine it with a meat or fish dish to make your dinner more delicious. You can quickly make it using the right ingredients.
Potatoes, thinly sliced onion, sherry vinegar, olive oil, green pepper, salt, and black pepper.
- Take a bowl and mix your ingredients, including potatoes and onion. Now, take salt, pepper, and vinegar to season the mixture.
- Pour olive oil in a frying pan and heat it. Now, add the mixture to the oil. Cook it for around 20 minutes.
If you are an admirer of traditional Italian cookies, then you must be aware of biscotti. Also called cantucci, these are almond biscuits with the city of Prato as its origin place. If you have the popular Sicilian extra virgin olive oil, then you can replace butter to make these delicious cookies.
Extra virgin olive oil, eggs, caster sugar, plain flour, salt, lemon zest, demerara sugar, vanilla pod, bicarbonate of soda, and milk.
- Take a bowl and mix sugar, olive oil, lemon zest, and vanilla. Now, add milk and eggs to the mixture. After that, add sifted flour, bicarbonate of soda, and salt.
- Make a dough and leave it for at least 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven. Take the dough and make small balls. Now, flatten them and bake for around 10 minutes. When the cookies are golden brown, your Italian biscuits are ready.
In the end
You can easily make these dishes for Christmas dinner and include an Italian touch to your dining table. Ensure that you get genuine products and buy Italian olive oil from a reputed online store that sells quality products made in Italy by popular brands from the region.
Try these dishes this year and make Christmas memorable!