Adding healthy soup recipes to your diet can add healthy years to your life. In our busy world, we often do not take the time to eat healthfully or properly and we rather choose to eat fast food. These tendencies make extra work for the digestive system which can not break foods down enough and utilize the vital nutrition inside. That is why our body fails to absorb these nutrients day after day and we become weaker and weaker and also vulnerable to sickness. So take a slow and make some time to prepare yourself a healthy food.
Prepare and enjoy these healthy soup recipes for lunch at any stage
Tomato Watermelon Gazpacho
- ¼ small seedless red watermelon (peeled cut into chunks)
- 2-3 large red beefsteak tomatoes ( cut into chunks )
- 1 organic cucumber (cut into chunks)
- ¼ bunch parsley (cleaned and roughly chopped)
- ¼ bunch cilantro (cleaned and roughly chopped)
- ½ jalapeno (seeded and cut into chunks)
- ½ qt. tomato juice
- 4 shakes hot sauce
- 1 and ½ tbsp Sherry vinegar
- Lime juice from ½ lime
- ½ diced avocado
- Salt and ground pepper
Put all the ingredients in a large blow, then pour all the liquids over, and season with salt and pepper. Put the mixture to marinate for a couple of hours then add to a blender until desired consistency is reached. Then chill the soup before serving and top with avocado cubs if desired.
- 1tbs olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 4 cups nonfat, reduced sodium vegetable stock
- 3 cups plain pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ½ can black beans
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
- Dusting of grated nutmeg
- Caramelize onion in olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring, 2 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened. Then add broth whisking and add the other ingredients. Put the soup to a simmer and whisk occasionally for 15 minutes. At the end add the beans and cook for more 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4 cups of 2 cans organic plum tomatoes
- 1 cup water of vegetable broth
- 1 onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 or 2 handfuls of cashews
- Salt and pepper
- Place tomatoes and vegetable broth in a pot and bring to a boil, then add the sweet chopped potatoes, garlic and onion.
- When the mixture start to boil reduce heat to simmer for 10-15 minutes until potatoes are cooked.
- Remove mixture from heat and leave it to cool for about 10-15 minutes. Add cooked mixture and cashews to blander until smooth.
Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped white or yellow onion
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored, seeded, and cut into small pieces
- 2 and ½ lbs butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into small pieces
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Freshly ground pepper
- Cook the chopped onion, garlic and apple in a pot with olive oil on medium heat until they get brown.
- Add all ingredients except coconut milk, salt and pepper. Cover the pot and boil for 20 to 25 minutes until squash become tender.
- Remove from heat, discard cinnamon stick, and cool for at least 30 minutes until cool enough to blend.
- Add batches of squash mixture to blender until smooth.
- Before serving, return blended soup to the pot and add coconut milk and reheat until hot. Add some salt or pepper to taste.
For more healthy information see more at: bodyhealthmag.com