There are several ways to use CBD and enjoy the many health benefits people rave about, which include relief from pain, anxiety, depression, and nausea, as well as being a powerful anti-inflammatory; including everyday products and items like chocolate, candy, gum or drops you add to food and drinks.
Or, if you want to get into something more complex there are CBD vape products, or the increasingly popular dabbing option, using CBD wax.
Types of wax
Although we use the general term ‘wax’ at several points here it is not actually called wax very often on sales sites. The terms you will generally come across describe the wax in one of several forms, the most popular being:
- Shatter – this is almost a wax, but looks very much like glass. Flavors are usually added to shatter.
- Crumble – this is softer than standard wax, as the name suggests, and as it is subject to a higher level of refinement it costs a little more than some other waxes.)
- Budder – being produced at high temperatures makes this a waxy-fluffy substance which looks a little like butter.
- Live resin – the most expensive type of CBD wax as it is made from buds which have been cryogenically frozen, (a long and time-consuming process which retains the maximum CBD compounds possible.)
People generally choose a way to use CBD that best meets their needs, so some need fairly instant pain relief, while others may take smaller amounts to maintain their stable health conditions. However, anyone looking for a swift and powerful reaction from CBD really needs to be dabbing with the wax version – here’s why.
- It’s simple to do. Simply heat up a little wax with the heated coil of your special dabbing pen and inhale the vapors of the CBD wax through the mouthpiece attached.
- It’s fast acting. Most people will experience an almost instant effect.
- You are in control of the dose, and are free to adjust it as necessary. It can also be safely used alongside other CBD products.
- It’s legal, and helps with many of the issues that non-legal remedies have done previously.
- Great results without the ‘high’ that THC products bring.
- Fast acting because the wax vapor is inhaled directly into the lungs.
- Can be used during the day or the evening as you don’t feel drowsy dabbing CDB wax.
- Dosage can be adjusted easily.
- CBD wax can be mixed with other products, such as vaping oils or tinctures.
- It can be used safely by anyone, although the heating element means care should be taken to not let children get involved in the process.
If you like the idea of dabbing but are not sure how to get started you’ll find plenty of instructional videos online, as well as blog articles talking you through the process too, so why not give it a go – you have so much to gain after all.