On the hunt for a new handbag this Summer? Whether you’ve got a social calendar full of parties, weddings, or beach soirees, we’re here to tell you that we’ve just cracked the code on the best bag to work for any event this year. A personalised clutch bag is where it’s at this summer – just read on to find out why and how to style it.
What to look for in summer accessories?
First things first, let’s talk about summer accessories in general. When it comes to choosing summer specific accessories, think about:
- Sun protection: A non-negotiable when it comes to summer is investing in a hat. No matter the occasion, there are beautiful broad brimmed hats readily available that you really should look to wear if you’re attending a summer outdoors event.
- Colours: Go for bold, bright colours, or try light pastels to suit your summer wardrobe.
- Lightweight materials: Choose something that will go with your linen or cotton summer wardrobe.
- Florals: There’s never a bad time to wear florals but we particularly like rocking this during Spring and Summer.
What to avoid wearing in Summer?
We recommend leaving these things to the cooler months:
- Dark colours: Deep burgundy, purples and reds are preferable for winter season.
- Heavy materials: Velvet just doesn’t feel like it works for summertime
What is a personalised clutch?
All of this brings us to talking (finally) about personalised clutches. Generally, when it comes to personalising your bag, you can choose to have your initials monogrammed on the corner of your clutch bags or on the clasp. It is a tasteful way to add some individuality to your accessories and also makes for a beautiful keepsake gift for a friend. Personalising a clutch is also a great way to dress up an otherwise simple bag or add an extra touch of glamour to a fun party bag.
5 Reasons a Personalised Clutch is perfect for Summer 2022
1. Put your own mark on your accessories
Want to add your own sense of style to your outfit but finding it difficult to really make a mark on your wardrobe? A personalised clutch is a really great way to mark your accessories as uniquely yours. Choose your favourite colour and size and then make it your own by monogramming your initials onto the bag. Too cute!
2. The perfect touch for bridesmaids and brides
Are you getting married or part of a bride tribe this summer? Monogramming your clutch is a gorgeous finishing touch to your bridal outfit and a special keepsake for your bride squad. Brides can choose a stunning white clutch bag embellished with feathers for boho brides, gems and jewels for something elaborate, or just simple saffiano exteriors and make them their own by adding their initials (or their new ones!) Get your bridesmaids their own gorgeous personalised bag by adding their initials (just one or both) to a gold clutch or silver clutch that will complement your squad’s entire look!
3. Dress up a simple evening bag
Do you use your handbag as both your day bag and your evening bag? The best way to dress up a simple summer clutch to make it work for all day wear is personalisation. It just adds that little bit of ‘something something’ that can tie an entire look together. Take an understated nude clutch, add your initials to it, and see what we mean!
4. Works for all different occasions and events
Whether you’re heading to a beach party, attending a formal wedding, going to a cocktail party, or simply having Friday night drinks, personalisation on your evening bags adds the perfect touch of elegance and polish to your look. Choose your favourite style clutch bag from simple to more embellished and voila!
5. Makes a gorgeous gift
Last but not least, if you’re on the hunt for a unique and thoughtful gift, we think you can’t go wrong with a monogrammed handbag. Best your bestie with one this summer if it’s their birthday and you’ll be in their good books for a long time to come.
Inspired to update your accessories for the coming summer season? Before you overhaul your clothing, consider a few choice accessories to instantly revitalise your look.