Most victims of emotional abuse can’t recognize its signs until they are in far too deep to get out easily. The scars from mental cruelty can be very deep and long-lasting and that’s why it’s important to identify the emotional violence from your partner.
Here are the 15 warning signs that need to be taken very seriously:
- When your partner is unhappy, you’re always the one to blame.
- Your partner becomes angry if you do not answer phone calls or text back messages.
- When your partner shares your secrets and private moments with friends.
- He/she makes your accomplishments feel small and unimportant. If you have a career, your partner considers it as a hobby.
- Your partner often accuses you of things that you did not do.
- Your partner often implies that he/she is superior.
- You always lose arguments with your partner.
- Your partner sometimes calls you ugly names and uses demeaning offensive language.
- He/she often criticizes you in public or in front of friends.
- When you are trying to express your feelings, he/she dismisses you as being too emotional.
- Your partner always brings up mistakes you have made in the past.
- He/she stops you from seeing certain friends or family members.
- Your partner maintains the complete control over the finances.
- Your partner’s professional and personal’s failures always seem to be your fault.
- He/she always check on you and needs to know where you are and who you are with.
If you find yourself in this list, or in some points, you are most likely to be a victim of emotional abuse. You should definitely start thinking how to get out of this unhealthy relationship as soon as possible. Don’t be afraid to seek help if needed.