Judging by the number of times we’ve heard the sentence “eat less and exercise more,” it’s safe to say that it has become somewhat of a weight-loss mantra. And although there’s no arguing that exercising and physical activity can help you lose weight and improve your overall well-being, there can be a few obstacles preventing you from working out. Some of the main reasons people start looking for exercise alternatives that will lead them to weight loss include:
- An injury that prohibits or limits exercise,
- A doctor’s advice to lose weight before surgery (for example, you may be advised to lose weight before you undergo knee surgery, but the pain in that area prevents you from working out),
- Painful fibromyalgia or arthritis,
- Low blood sugar and diabetes (some workouts can cause blood sugar to reach disturbingly low levels, which can be dangerous for people who have diabetes), etc.
Apart from these (and similar) health conditions, you may simply be turned off by the idea of exercising to lose weight. If that’s the case, it’s essential to know that there are ways to reach your weight goal without increasing your activity levels. Remember that exercising regularly brings other benefits to your health, besides weight loss, such as increased energy, a metabolism boost, improved cardiovascular health, mental clarity, higher sleep quality, etc. However, if you’re looking to skip that part for now, here’s what you can do to lose weight without exercising:
- Introduce some healthy habits into your life.
Thankfully, there are so many things you can change and improve in your everyday life that can aid your weight loss process:
- For instance, you can call it a night earlier and make sure to get a more regular sleep schedule. This is important because people who deprive themselves of a good night’s rest tend to crave more unhealthy, high-calorie food throughout the day, and even worse, during the late-night hours.
- If you’re used to having your meals while scrolling through your phone or watching the TV, we’re sorry to say that by doing so, you’re significantly increasing the number of calories you take. Such distractions prevent us from knowing when we’re full and leave us overloading and feeling sluggish and tired after each meal.
- Skipping your breakfast can do more harm than good to the weight loss journey. Although you may think that you don’t have enough time to enjoy breakfast or feel like you’re skipping it to lower your daily calorie intake, the result is the opposite. When you skip breakfast, you’re much more prone to eating more calories later on during the day, and your blood sugar levels get messed up, causing you to feel hungry more often. Therefore, make sure always to find time for a healthy, fulfilling breakfast. One of the best ways to do it is to consume eggs in the morning because they keep you full for longer.
- Play with your plates.
It’s truly amazing how a few changes regarding your plate size and portions can go a long way in helping you lose weight. For instance, you can switch to using smaller plates because when you fill them with two-thirds of lean protein and veggies (and some complex carbs or starches on the side), you’re tricking yourself into thinking that you ate more than you did. It’s a simple psychological deception that can help you keep up with your calorie intake goals. In addition to that, you should also pay more attention to how you arrange your food on the plate. If you put some effort into it and make it all pretty and colorful, you’ll be much less tempted to refill once you’re done.
- Find alternative ways to boost your metabolism.
As we mentioned earlier, exercising brings numerous benefits to your overall health, and one of those benefits is a metabolism boost. A good metabolism rate will help you burn more calories throughout the day, and if you can’t boost it by exercising, you should try some alternative ways. Therefore, you may consider getting a lipo C injection, which is essentially a shot filled with thoughtfully picked compounds to speed up your metabolism. They typically consist of a few amino acids and a Vitamin B complex and bring several benefits besides the metabolism boost.
Whether you’re unable to work out due to a health condition or are too lazy to exercise regularly, it’s good to know there are alternative ways to lose weight. However, it’s essential to be patient during the process and avoid unhealthy habits (such as significantly lowering your calorie intake and starving yourself) to speed up weight loss. It’s always better to think long-term when it comes to your health, so it’s best to give your body some time to see your desired results.