Vegan recipes do not necessarily have to be complicated and time-consuming. After work, you are probably tired and want to take the shortest time in the kitchen. What vegan recipes can you prepare within the shortest time? Read through the article to get the two best vegan recipes that will take at least 30 minutes to make.
1) Sugar Snap Pea And Carrot Soba Noodles
This is one of the quick vegan recipes that are simple to make, especially if you have the vegetables ready and the dressing whisked up.
- Soba or any spaghetti noodles of your choice
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 3 cups of sugar snap peas
- 6 medium-sized carrots peeled
- Ginger sesame sauce
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
- 1 small lime juice
- a) Prepare vegetables and slice the carrots into long, thin strips or ribbons using a vegetable peeler.
- b)To make the sauce, mix the ingredients together in a small bowl until emulsified.
- c) Bring two pots of water to boil. Meanwhile, toast the sesame seeds by pouring them into a medium-size pan. Toast for about 3-4 minutes. Medium-low heat will do at this stage. Ensure that you shake the pan regularly to avoid burning till the seeds turn golden.
- d) In the boiling water, add the soba noodles and cook as per the instructions provided in the package. Once they are ready, drain them under cold water.
- e) In the other pot, cook the frozen edamame until it is warmed.
- f) Combine the soba noodles, snap peas, edamame, and carrots in a large serving bowl. You can serve it with salad.
2) Rice and Beans
It is one of the cheapest and convenient meals. You can buy brown or white rice and mix it with the beans of your choice. You can also combine your rice with other cereals such as peas, lentils, and chickpeas. If you love it in a Mexican style, you can add some salsa, avocado, corn, hot sauce, tomato, and bell pepper.
- Red bell pepper
- Chili powder
- Black pepper
How to Prepare
- a) Open a can of beans of your choice, drain and rinse them. You can then cover the pot and bring it to boil. Add chili powder, turmeric, cumin, and black pepper. Cook it for 20 minutes.
- b) Cut the bell pepper, onion, and sauté until they become tender. You can then add rice and vegetable broth to the veggies, cover, and simmer until they are ready.
- c) Lastly, fold in the beans and add fresh cilantro as well as a squeeze of lime juice.
There you have your meal; it is the easiest, fast, healthy, and affordable meal to prepare. It will take you less than thirty minutes to prepare and serve the meal to your family.
These are the two veggies that you can prepare within the shortest time after work. They are simple, affordable, and easy to make.