Blackheads, оr comedones are dark, tiny spots that commonly occur on the face skin, particularly the nose, but they can appear anywhere on the body skin. Blackheads are blocked pores in the skin, filled with skin debris or keratin and sebum, and oily substances. Blackheads are the most common problems among those with oily skin.
The main causes that lead to this problem are hormonal changes in the body, stress, excessive consumption of alcohol, caffeine and cigarettes, unclean skin and use of inappropriate cosmetic products.
Besides, many prescription medicines for the treatment of blackheads, you can also try natural ways to get rid of blackheads. Some easily found home ingredients can treat your blackheads within a few days.
Here are 8 natural ways to get rid of blackheads.
Lemon is a natural ingredient that is very effective in treating blackheads and acne. Lemon is rich in nutrients and vitamins that are good for all skin types. Squeeze a little lemon juice in a bowl, add salt and stir the mixture well.
- Make a natural mixture by mixing lemon juice with salt, yogurt and honey. Wash your face with warm water and gently scrub the affected area. Then, leave it for about 20 minutes, and wash again with warm water.
- Make a natural facial cleanser, using a mix of fresh lemon juice with milk or rosewater. Apply the homemade cleanser daily, for 2 weeks.
Green tea can be used for the treatment of blackheads.
- Make a paste by mixing one teaspoon of dry green tea leaves with a little water. Gently scrub the homemade paste over the affected area and leave it for 2 – 3 minutes. This homemade scrub cleans oily skin and helps unclog pores. Wash your face with lukewarm water.
Honey has antiseptic properties and is good for oily skin and blackheads. Honey can help to tighten the skin pores, giving your skin a clear hydrated complexion.
- Apply some pure honey onto affected area, leave it on for about 10 minutes, then wash it with lukewarm water.
Read more about: Honey Beautifying
Cinnamon can be also used to remove and prevent blackheads.
- Prepare a mixture of one teaspoon of cinnamon powder and honey as a thick paste. Apply the homemade paste over the affected area and leave it on overnight. In the morning, wash your face. Use this home remedy daily for 10 days.
- Prepare a mix of one teaspoon of cinnamon powder, lime juice and a pinch of turmeric powder. Use this mixture as a facial cleanser.
Baking soda is really effective for the treatment of blackheads and also acne. Baking soda clears the skin debris and impurities.
- Prepare a mixture of 2 teaspoons of baking soda with mineral water. Apply gently to the affected skin area, and leave it to dry for about 3 minutes, then wash your face with warm water. Use this remedy 1 – 2 times a week.
Yogurt is good for skin care and also helps to banish blackheads.
- Prepare a mixture of 2 tablespoons oatmeal with 3 tablespoons of yogurt. You can also add a little lemon juice and olive oil. Mix all the ingredients to a form of paste. Apply the mixture on clean face and leave it on for 10-15 minutes, then wash it with cold water.
Eggs are very effective to get rid of blackheads.
- Make a paste by mixing 2 egg whites with 1 tablespoon of honey. Apply this homemade mixture over the affected area, leave it on for about 30 minutes, and then wash your face with warm water.
Tomatoes have natural antiseptic properties and help to dry up blackheads.
- Take a small tomato, peel it and mash it, and then it over the affected area, before going to bed. Leave it overnight and in the morning wash your face.
If you are looking for natural solutions to have a glowing and healthy skin, check these homemade tomato masks: Tomato face masks for skin care