Mango is not only delicious and refreshing, but it’s also great fruit for your health. It’s packed with nutrients, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and it can help you improve your digestion, lose weight, protect your eyesight and keep your skin and hair healthy.
Mangoes are tropical fruits with thick skin and succulent yellow flesh inside. They mostly grow in South Asia and they range in size. Researchers claim that most parts of the mango fruit and mango tree are great for our health since they contain antifungal, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, anti-hypertension and anti-diabetic properties. Mangoes are so great for our health that are known as the “kings of fruits”.
Nutritional Value of Mango:
- 1 cup of mango pieces without the peel has 99 calories;
- 100 grams of mango flesh has 13 grams of sugar;
- 1 cup of sliced mango contains 3 grams of fiber;
- 1 cup of mango has 28 grams of carbs;
- 1 mango contains 53 mg of vitamin C, which is as almost as your vitamin C daily needs;
- 1 cup of mango contains 25% of your vitamin A daily needs;
- Mango also contains calcium, potassium, copper, magnesium, selenium and iron;
- Mango peel contains a lot of vitamin E and dietary fiber.
What Are Mangoes Good For?
Mangoes are great for improving your health. They’re packed with vitamin C and vitamin E. These vitamins strengthen the immune system and improve hair and skin. Mango also contains antioxidants that will improve your cardiovascular health and keep your liver healthy.
Potassium and magnesium found in mango can help you regulate your blood pressure and keep your heart healthy.
Mango has high fiber content and can improve your digestive health.
1. Mango can improve your eye health
Mango has vitamin A and carotenoids and can protect your eyesight. Consuming mango can also protect you from age-related eye diseases. The vitamin A found in mango can protect you against cataracts.
2. Mango can help you lower your blood glucose levels
Consuming mangoes in moderation can help you regulate your blood sugar levels. Although mangoes contain a lot of natural sugar, consuming them on a daily basis will not make you gain weight.
3. Mango will keep your heart healthy
Eating mangoes is great for your heart because mangoes are packed with minerals and antioxidants. Most doctors and dieticians claim that a diet rich in fresh veggies and fruits is incredible for preventing cardiovascular diseases.Fruits rich in antioxidants, such as mangoes, can help prevent heart attacks and promote good heart health.
4. Mango can help you lose weight
Mangoes can help you lose weight because they contain a lot of fibers. Foods that contain a lot of fibers help you feel fuller for longer and make you lose weight safely.
5. Mango can improve your digestion
The fibers found in mango can definitely help you improve your digestion and make you poop easier. Fibers are key to regular bowel movements! Mango also has anti-inflammatory properties and can help you reduce intestinal inflammation.
6. Mango is good for your brain
Eating one cup of mango per day can improve your cognitive function. The nutrients found in mango have positive effects on the brain and can also lower the effect of stress.
7. Mango has anticancer properties
Fruits packed with antioxidants and vitamin C, such as mango, can boost the body’s defenses against infection and prevent chronic diseases like cancer. Mango contains mangiferin, an anticancer compound that reduces inflammation and improves the immune system.