Property tip of the day: Update the look of your home with a sectional garage door!
These doors are constructed from multiple panels that can slide up when opened. They are aesthetically pleasing and functional. Sectional garage doors come in a variety of different colours, designs and styles. So, this property upgrade can work for anyone!
In today’s article, we are going to look at some of the benefits and why you should consider installing them in your home.
Benefits of Sectional Garage Doors
One of the main benefits of sectional doors is that they can be fitted into areas that don’t have much headroom space. This is the room between the lintel and the lowest part of the ceiling. Another exciting benefit is, unlike traditional garage doors, they don’t swing forward into the driveway. This feature gives you more room, making them ideal for smaller properties. You can park your car right up against the sectional garage door without having to worry it will be damaged by your car door.
They are very simple to operate, and a motor can be fitted for added convenience. A feature that we need to mention includes fire safety. A modern safety system can be fitted to the door. In the event of a fire emergency, the door will automatically open and stay open, so the occupants of the house can escape safely.
A summary of additional reasons why more and more property owners are using them:
– Wider passage: Driving in and out of the garage will be a breeze because of the additional passage width. In fact, you can get 140mm of extra driving space when you install sectional garage doors. This is ideal for those that drive larger vehicles.
– Weather resistant: These doors are completely sealed on all four sides, which means the door will be protected from both the wind and the rain. The bottom seal can accommodate slight irregularities in the floor.
– Adjustable fitting: The shape of the garage doesn’t matter. A sectional garage door can be designed to fit any shaped opening and will always have the perfect fit.
– Top-notch security: The pivot points on a sectional garage door make it very difficult for an intruder to gain entry to your home. Doors can be fitted with warning alarms for added security.
– Electric or Manual Opening: Select your preference, either manual or automatically open your garage door. The setting can be changed at the touch of a button, in case of a power outage.
– Curb Appeal: There are so many customization options that you can design any door you can imagine. Select your favourite finish and decide whether or not you want to install windows or other customization features.
Customise Your Options
There are so many different colours, designs and textures, that you will be spoilt for choice. Doors can be designed to suit any aesthetic and taste. Some customisation options include adding materials such as timber, Cedar, aluminium composite and glass. Add perforated claddings to allow for added ventilation. Window highlights can be added to allow in natural light and boost the design appeal.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sectional Garage Doors
The first question that we normally get asked, is what is a sectional garage door? Read ahead to find the answer, as well as the answer to all your other burning questions.
What is a Sectional Garage Door?
This is a door that consists of multiple door panels or sections. They can slide back inside the garage and rest parallel to the ceiling. They are so popular because they take up limited headroom space.
When were Sectional Garage Doors Invented?
They can be traced back to the early 1900s. The first manufacturer of these doors was C.G Johnson. He was the founder of the company Johnson’s Overhead Door Company, selling these types of doors since 1921.
Can I Buy Replacement Doors?
Yes, if your door gets damaged you can buy replacement section panels to replace the damaged panels. It’s best to contact the manufacturer so they can advise you on the best replacement option. It will need to be installed by an expert to operate correctly. Incorrectly installing the panel could lead to further damage, and more expensive repairs, so DIY isn’t advised.
How Much do Sectional Garage Doors Cost?
The price will vary based on factors such as the size of the door, the type of material it’s constructed from, additional design elements and window installation. Contact the experts to provide a quote to get a better idea of the pricing.
Choosing the right garage door can be a very challenging task. It needs to be strong enough to protect your most valuable possession, your car. It also acts as a security barrier for your home. And of course you want convenience, so the sectional garage door you select, needs to be easy to operate and stand up to harsh weather conditions.
Hopefully, after reading this article, you can make an informed purchasing decision and find the perfect sectional garage door for your home. With all these amazing benefits, you know what your garage needs now.