Enjoy this instant coffee smoothie packed with protein and antioxidants in the morning.
If you are a coffee lover, this coffee smoothie recipe is beneficial for your overall health. Coffee can benefit your body and immune system and boost your energy for the entire day.
For this smoothie use instant coffee grounds, you can also use chilled coffee to achieve the same flavor. To lower the sugar content you can use green-ish or unripened bananas that contain less sugar than yellow ones. Also green bananas have a softer flavor than yellow bananas, so you can definitely enjoy the dominant and irresistible coffee flavor.
- 1 green banana (chunked and frozen)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp instant coffee grounds (or ½ cup brewed coffee, chilled-optional)
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp coconut palm sugar (optional)
- 1 cup coconut milk (or soy milk)
- ½ cup ice
This instant coffee protein smoothie recipe makes 2 servings. The total preparation time is about 5 minutes.
Add all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately and enjoy!