Bongs are a staple in smoking culture. If you’re reading this article, you might be new to smoking and want to try to hit a bong for the first time. Before you get started, here is a complete guide on how to use a bong, including trending bongs in 2022 from My Bong Shop.
What is a bong?
A bong is a pipe used to smoke dry herb that uses water to cool and filter the smoke. When you hit a bong, the smoke is pulled through a water-filled chamber. Then as the smoke bubbles up through the liquid, the water simultaneously cools down the temperature of the smoke and pulls out fine particulate matter such as tar and ash. The result is a smooth and clean-tasting smoking experience.
What do you need to smoke a bong?
Before you use a bong, here is everything you need:
- Dry herb
- A bong with a downstem and a bowl
- A lighter
- A grinder
Step-by-step guide to using a bong
Knowing how to use your bong contributes to the overall experience. Here is a step-by-step guide for beginners on how to smoke a bong.
- Prep your bong: To start, insert the downstem and ensure that the bowl slides smoothly and is clear of ash. Then pour water into the water chamber through the mouthpiece at the top. The bottom of the downstem should be fully submerged.
- Prep your dry herb: Next, you will need to prep your dry herb for the bowl using your grinder. You can do this by placing a small to medium-sized piece in the grinder and twisting it back and forth until ground.
- Pack the bowl: Take a pinch of dry herb using your fingers and pack the bowl. You should use enough dry herb to fill the bowl to the top. Make sure not to pack the bowl too tight, or you’ll have problems pulling smoke through.
- Smoke the bong: Now, it’s finally time to smoke the bong. Start by putting your mouth to the mouthpiece. Then light a corner of the bowl and start pulling in with your lungs. The pull should be smooth and steady. If it’s working, you’ll see smoke travel from the bowl to the downstem, and the water will start to bubble.
- Clear the chamber: When the chamber is filled with smoke, clear the chamber by taking the bowl out of the downstem while continuing to pull in with your lungs. Removing the bowl pushes the smoke up the mouthpiece and into your lungs.
Types of bongs 2022
Bongs come in all shapes, sizes and materials. It might take time to find what works for you, but here are a few types of bongs in 2022 to help get your search started:
Straight Tube Bong: This is the most basic type of bong available and an excellent option for beginners. You can use the step-by-step guide above to smoke a straight tube bong. These bongs are also very easy to clean.
Zig Zag Bong: The shape of these not only looks cool but provides a better smoking experience by preventing water from rising through the chamber. The zig-zag shape acts as a splash guard and makes for a more relaxing smoking experience.
Beaker Bong: Another popular choice is the beaker bong which looks like a beaker you’d find in a science lab. Not only are these more stable due to their wider bottom, but they also generate more smoke which can offer different benefits to the smoker.
Not sure where to find your perfect bong? Check out My Bong Shop and shop the latest bongs in 2022.