It is always frustrating when we lose important data on our Android devices. A sudden phone crash often leads to data loss and damages the device due to impact. The most common cause of a broken screen is dropping your device with the screen side down, and it can be devastating to lose all your precious memories and data. But don’t worry! There are many ways to retrieve your lost data from your broken Android phone without having to pay for expensive repair services. Here, we will introduce some effective methods to try out yourself with an Android phone with a broken screen.
Is Broken Android Data Recovery Possible?
If you have accidentally broken your screen, you may expect that all your data will be lost. But there are several ways to retrieve your data taking a service of broken android data recovery.
The first thing to do is to check whether the phone is still working or not. If it does, it means that your device has a working battery or is charged enough. In this case, you can try connecting an external hard drive and restoring the data from the device.
Another way is to use phone recovery software, which can help you retrieve data from Android phones with broken screens. Just make sure that the software supports your phone model before using it. Moreover, make sure that the software provides you with the best performance and helps you restore your data.
How to Recover Data from an Android Phone with Broken Screen?
There are various ways to recover data from an Android phone with a broken screen. You can try these methods at home.
- The first thing you should do is connect your broken phone to your computer with a USB cable. Once it is connected, you should try sending the emails on the phone to your computer or laptop using the “sending email” function in Gmail. If this does not work, try sending emails through Outlook.
- If you have backed up your data on Google Drive or iCloud, you can use data recovery software for lost files. There are many data recovery software programs available online for this purpose, but make sure that they are compatible with Windows operating systems if you are using a Windows computer.
- If you want to restore files onto your Android phone without having to install any third-party software or jailbreaking it, then use Smart Phone Desktop Manager (SPDM). SPDM is a free software tool provided by Google that will allow you to browse all of the necessary folders on your broken Android phone and copy them over to your PC’s hard drive without needing technical knowledge of Linux commands and terminal structures. This way, the files will be copied onto your computer to view them quickly rather than copying them over through ADB shell commands which may take some time depending on how much data you have.
Method 1: Recovering Lost Data from an Unbroken Device
There are many ways to retrieve your lost data from an android phone with a broken screen. One of the easiest methods is to use an unbroken android device. This method will be quite easy if you have another Android device that functions properly.
First, switch off the broken Android phone and turn on the other device. Connect them via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi and enter the Settings of the unbroken device. There should be an option called “Back up my data” or “Data Transfer” select it and follow the instructions given by the phone for backing up data. After this, check if any file is found in your unbroken device that is saved in your broken one.
Method 2: Using a PC to Connect and Recover Data
The simplest way to retrieve data from your broken android phone is to connect it to your computer. You can use the USB cord that came with the Android phone, so you don’t need any other cords.
Following these steps can help you recover deleted data:
- Connect the Android phone to a PC via USB cord
- Open the storage folder on your PC
- Find and open the recovery mode folder
- Choose recovery mode file or recovery mode image file
- Click Open when prompted
- A new window will pop up, select Auto-backup and click Next
- Select Restore files from Auto-backup and click Next
- Wait for the process to finish
Now you not only have your important data back but also have an encrypted copy of all your backed up data that cannot be restored even if you lose this device again.
Method 3: Using a Device to Connect and Recover Data
If your Android device has a broken screen, you can use another Android device to connect the broken phone and retrieve the data. Connecting the devices is easy because Android’s operating system powers both.
First, make sure that the battery of the broken phone is not dead. If it’s already dead, plug in its charger to power it up again. Then, find a USB cable for connecting your devices. The cable should be long enough so that you can reach both screens without difficulty.
Then, plug one end of the other device into an available USB port on your computer or laptop. Next, connect the other ends of the cable to the charging port of your smashed phone. Lastly, open “My Files” on your computer and look for “Android File Transfer” in the list of options under “Devices.”
This application will automatically detect your disconnected Android device and allow you to access all its files from your computer. Afterward, you can copy all data from this device onto your computer and save them in a folder before unplugging both devices from each other.