Bloating and stomach gases are caused by too much air in your intestines. Stomach gases and burping are usually harmless and don’t need curing. On the other hand, if you feel embarrassed, here is some advice that will help reduce the symptoms:
- Drink more fluids, especially water. Avoid soda and alcohol beverages.
- Avoid eating foods that cause bloating such as broccoli, beans, cabbage etc.
- Avoid quick ingestion of food and beverages. When you eat in a hurry it is more likely to swallow air. Swallowing air it will only make things worse.
- Eat slowly.
- Chew the food well before swallowing.
- Avoid using a straw when you drink.
- Avoid chewing gums and hard candy.
- Avoid smoking.
- Be more calm. If you are nervous or anxious is more likely to swallow more air.
Here are some teas and drinks you can prepare at home that will help you reduce bloating and stomach gas:
- Squeeze one lemon and mix the lemon juice with water and ½ tbsp. sodium bicarbonate.
- Peppers and other fruits rich in vitamin C reduce the gases in your intestines. A vitamin C pill might have the opposite effect.
- Boiled and baked pumpkins are an amazing cure for bloating and gasses.
- Yogurt will reduce bloating because it contains useful bacteria that will bring your digestive system to normal.
- Cumin tea alleviates bloating symptoms. You can also eat a few cumin seeds after a meal.
- Add some basil in your dish to prevent bloating and cramps.