To make your salad more nutritional, you can add various healthy foods, including protein sources like beans, chicken or tuna. But if you love the taste of tuna, here are some easy and very delicious healthy tuna recipes.
Tuna with Avocado
Flavors of tuna go with the flavor of avocado, very well. You can also add roasted red bell pepper to balance the flavor or any herb that you love like basil or fresh dill.
- 1 avocado
- 4 tbsp canned tuna
- ½ lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp parsley (chopped)
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 1 large roasted red bell pepper (chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time is only 10 minutes. Cut the avocado lengthwise and remove its pit, then scoop out the flesh from the one half. Add the lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper, then mash it until smooth. Add 2 tbsp of tuna, half of the herbs and half of the roasted red bell pepper. Fill one half of avocado with this mixture and repeat the same for the other half. Save some amount of the ingredients for dress up.
Tuna with Quinoa
Tuna is one of the healthiest food, it contains healthy fat, it is high in protein and omega-3s and Quinoa has also a high content of protein, which makes it cholesterol-free and low-fat source of protein especially for vegetarians and vegans. This is the best reason to enjoy these tuna and quinoa salad.
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 6-ounce canned light tuna, packed in water (rinsed and drained)
- 1/4 cup cherry tomato
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley (finely chopped)
- 1/8 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt (kosher)
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
In a large bowl, add all the ingredients, and mix gently to combine. The preparation time is 10 to 15 minutes.
Tuna with White Bean
White bean and tuna salad has 274 kcal cal., 13 g fat 30 mg chol., 644 mg sodium, 15 g carb., 5 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 22 g pro.
- 1 canned beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 cans tuna packed in water (drained)
- 2 cups lightly packed arugula or spinach
- ½ red onion, (thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley (chopped)
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp dried leaf oregano (crushed)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ fresh lemon juice
- Crunchy bread, sliced and toasted (optional)
The preparation time is 20 minutes. In a large bowl, add beans, tuna, arugula, red onion, and parsley. For the dressing, in a screw-top jar, put the vinegar, oil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Shake well to combine. Pour dressing over tuna mixture; toss gently to combine, the squeeze the lemon juice over the salad. Serve with toasted crunchy bread.
See for more healthy recipes: Wellness Wraps and Sandwiches