Being in America and not following or going through their sports is a big letdown. Americans love their sport a lot be it football, soccer, hockey, baseball or even basketball. People just love being a part of them. Men, Women, and children do take out time from their busy schedules to just indulge into what America loves most i.e. their sports.
These given sports made sportspersons as sports stars by the overnight success and the overall hype behind all these sports. Sports started to be a lifeline for a lot of the American citizens. They worshipped it and also made sports a part of their life.
The Rise of Tailgating:
People soon gathered to realize that there were many fans that happened to visit these games and thus they came up with the idea for building community and socializing with people of different interests and nations especially those who attended for football matches and it also followed with games such as basketball, hockey, soccer, and baseball. It is said that it is not the game but it is the idea of tailgate parties which drew people’s attention and all the fun associated with it. You could not only see tailgates at sports events but it also drew attention at non-sporting events such as weddings, barbecues, and concerts.
Tailgate parties are done before or sometimes even after the game. As we know this takes place either at parking lots at the stadiums and arenas. You need not have to attend parties only if you have tailgates in your vehicles. Tailgating does not give a damn about rain, snow or even locust invasions.
We are discussing here mainly because tailgating is mostly counted for men who organize and be a part of such a socializing event. But now as women have come in to be the one in the forefront then women organizing the tailgate don’t sound different or weird either.
Firstly tailgating is basically food and drinks gathering and not getting your large inch television to the parking lot. So you need to make it simple and enjoyable and not splurging much to make it all tiring and over hyped.
Here are few essentials women should keep in mind while tailgating this NFL 2017 Season:
- As women are said to be good planners it is better that you plan to arrive at the arena four hours before the game starts and start eating two hours before the game so that there is ample amount of time for set up and clean up.
- A toolbox packed with tailgate essentials should always be in handy in the trunk of your car. These are spatulas, bottle openers, tongs, can openers, toothpicks, basting brush, mini flashlight, trash bags, paper towels, wet wipes, hand sanitizer, sunscreen, plastic zip bags, sharpie, masking tape and lastly condiments, spices, and seasonings.
- If you plan to barbeque kebabs then I recommend you to skewer and marinate them overnight.
- You can shape your homemade burger patties and pack them up in between wax paper sheets in the night before. This actually avoids morning prep and also prevents the patties from being sticky and soggy. You can also slice and pack the burger toppings in another box much in advance so that it will be easy while assembling.
- You need to haul back the dirty dishes if you have carried some. So, it is better that you carry a large plastic tub.
- To make the guests reach out to the food and beverage supplies easier it is better that you label your warmers and coolers to avoid confusions.
- It will be beneficial if you freeze your water bottles and use these frozen bottles as ice in the coolers so that the beer stays cool and also you get to drink cold water.
- You can reuse your six pack beer holder by filling them with bottles of hot sauces and condiments so that they can be carried easily without a spill.
- Reuse your old prescription bottle by filling them with first aid essentials. It might be really tiny but it helps when badly needed.
- You can turn a cooler into a warming oven using foil and bricks by placing foil covered bricks in the cooler.