Seeing an onslaught of CBD oil reviews and CBD news is nothing new, but seeing celebrities so outspoken in their support of it might be a bit more unexpected.
Celebrities can usually command a huge sphere of influence over the average consumer. At the same time, they’re open to a lot of scrutiny and criticism from the public, especially in this age of information. So in the past, reconciling cannabis and the professional image was perhaps an uphill battle.
Today, the legalization of medical marijuana or marijuana outright has real cachet with many Americans. Industrial hemp was approved for U.S. agriculture in late 2018, making the non-intoxicating hemp derivative cannabidiol (CBD) legal across every state.
And so, today, there’s never been a better time for celebrities to have something to say about CBD.
Even Celebrities Are Human!
Stress and fatigue affect all human bodies, regardless of standing or wealth. Don’t tell anyone we told you this, but celebrity pit in long hours with lots of running around and time on their feet. And even the rich and famous have troubles on their minds.
Reviews of CBD oil show that’s exactly why people turn to its supportive properties. It may help promote feelings of ease and support wellness routines daily.
CBD to Soothe and Support
Stars shared their experience with cannabidiol products as this year’s interviews, and award shows began rolling out.
By all accounts, it seems CBD oil news often travels by word of mouth. It’s further evidenced in the fact that celebrities continue the trend, letting others know they find value in adding CBD to their self-care approach. It was recommended to them at some point, and they recommend it in turn.
1. Kristen Bell
- “I love my [CBD formula] body lotion for my sore muscles after working out.”
- When asked about supporting wellness, she suggested, “CBD…doing something calm and nice…gardening and meditation.”
2. Mandy Moore
- “I always try to choose really comfortable shoes, because as I’ve gotten older, I just can’t hack being in heels for an extended period of time. This year I’m trying some CBD oil on my feet, which my stylist [Erica Cloud] recommended…So it could be a really exciting evening! I could be floating this year.”
- Note that although CBD oil itself can be used for general soothing purposes, applying a CBD topical is a much more direct method for particular problem areas like aching feet.
3. Olivia Wilde:
“In my personal experience, I think CBD is an extraordinarily effective alternative…It’s an example of us getting in touch with a natural element, a botanical.”
Some celebrities and regular people alike enjoy cannabidiol products as an addition to existing routines for exercise, beauty, and wellness. They try it on the advice of others or owing to their own belief in CBD’s efficacy.
Evidence for its effects is still largely anecdotal, and any research is young. Competing views hound CBD in the news, but some celebrities have opted to use their fame as a platform to champion cannabidiol.
CBD Advocacy, Research, and Business
Enter the advocates. Generally speaking, if their support goes this far, it is not only in favor of CBD but also cannabis altogether. It also goes beyond use and recommendation. These celebrities work directly with or in the industry trying to increase awareness, evaluation, and consumers’ available options.
1. Whoopi Goldberg
- “My latest venture concerns a social issue near and dear to my heart: the right for women to have access to the…therapeutic qualities of cannabis.”
- “When I was younger, I realized [cannabis products] helped my cramps, and I’ve had a good relationship with it since. It continues to help me feel better as I get older.”
- “Our goal is to make you feel better, not get you high…We’re not saying our products will work for everyone, but I think it’s worth trying.”
Goldberg’s “latest venture” has been the medical cannabis business Whoopi and Maya (with industry veteran Maya Elisabeth), centered around products to soothe menstrual cramps and aches.
Although they don’t utilize hemp-derived CBD and thus aren’t available nationwide, the company’s aim is clear — they’re after the same supportive benefits for which CBD is popularly known.
2. Seth Rogen
- “Every decision we’ve made…reflects the years of education, first-hand experience, and respect we have for cannabis.”
This year, he and colleague Evan Goldberg announced their own marijuana business, Houseplant, based out of Canada.
Rogen is the kind of celebrity whose image has always meshed well with cannabis, and the persona and personal interest have worked in his favor. Recreational marijuana is pretty far removed from CBD oil, but Rogen isn’t caught unawares when it comes to cannabidiol research and its potential, either. He has, on occasion, called attention to possible applications if funding and studies were available.
In any case, Rogen likely wouldn’t bat an eyelash if he noticed CBD oil in the news in other contexts. He is a member of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) and has always been an activist for legalization across the board, which would encompass any remaining non-hemp CBD or soothing cannabis products.
3. Michael J. Fox
Although the actor of Marty McFly fame hasn’t spoken out personally, the Michael J. Fox Foundation has published information on the topic. They don’t endorse the use of CBD (or medical marijuana) since the evidence is inconsistent and lacking, but they don’t rule it out entirely either. The view presented is that cannabis products are a potentially important future resource, worth proper study and research.
The published information seems mostly to be written in the spirit of education. Making sure people get educated and have accurate facts before moving forward. That’s the kind of unbiased advocacy we should all strive to seek out and provide, whether we’re Hollywood royalty or just your average Joe.