Let me explain why. A year ago I was at the point in my life where I was obsessed with efficiency. Everything I did needed to be as efficient and as easy as possible. Anything that sucked time away from me, and that I didn’t enjoy needed to be changed.
So here’s what I did:
- Working in an office was a major time-suck. Wake up, shower, pick out office clothes, make lunch, and commute in traffic. My routine before I arrived at work was almost 2 hours! Not to mention it was miserable. So, I got a job online.
- I hated shoveling snow, cleaning the snow off my car, and I was suffering from seasonal depression. So, I moved to Mexico.
- Laundry took forever for me. Wash, forget in the washer, put in the dryer, forget in the dryer, re-dry, fold.. this was an all-day affair. So, I paid someone else to do it for me. (Getting my laundry done locally in Mexico costs the equivalent of about $2.50 USD).
All that was left to make more efficient was my FOOD.
I’ve always been a healthy eater. My meals consistently comprised of a lean source protein (Chicken, fish or eggs), A complex carbohydrate (Sweet potatoes, nuts or beans) and a leafy green of some kind (Spinach or a salad).
But, the preparation process was long and monotonous. Cook the protein, cook the potatoes, prepare the salad, and cleanup. Time invested: 1–1.5 hours per meal or 3–4.5 hours per day!
Something needed to change.
One day, I stumbled upon the power of raw foods and smoothies. I was blown away by the sheer number of vitamins and nutrients found in some of the foods I wasn’t consuming! I needed to find a way to incorporate these foods into my diet.
The next morning, I went out and bought a high-power blender that would be able to blend anything I threw at it. I was off to the races.
I started with one smoothie in the morning, then moved onto two smoothies per day.
Now, I’m not talking about your average green smoothie. No, the smoothies I was making contain over 700 calories, have over 30g of protein and satisfy all of my daily vitamins/nutrient needs.
If I asked you to sit down and eat all the foods below in one sitting you’d laugh in my face. I don’t know about you, but I find the taste of kale by itself revolting. Yet, when I started making smoothies and blending my food, consuming all of this was entirely possible. Plus, my smoothies tasted great!
It was simple, Just toss the ingredients in the blender and let it do the work. Prep and cleanup time took no more than 10-minutes!
I’ve noticed significant fat loss, muscle gain and all around higher levels of energy throughout my day.
More benefits of smoothies include:
- Easy to obtain your daily amount of fruits and vegetables.
- You’ll save money (Avg. cost: $2.00–$4.00 per smoothie)
- They’re easy to make and quick to clean up.
- They’re portable.
- There are endless varieties of recipes.
- You’ll get better digestion (Let the blender do the chewing for you!)
- You can easily track your calorie and macronutrient intake.
- You’ll strengthen your immune system.
If you’re interested, my Smoothie Weight Loss Diet Plan is available now!
Curt Barter founder of LiquiFit.co