Honestly, Mexican cuisine has everything to make your senses fall in love with it: colourful dishes, a huge variety of ingredients that will make your mouth melt, spices to heat recipes up, vegetables, meat, beans… Is there anything else you need to be present on a table?
But first, let’s talk about history
Obviously, Mexican cuisine refers to traditions and cooking cuisines of modern Mexico. But its earliest roots lie in Mesoamerican cuisine.
Its methods and ingredients started with the most ancient agricultural communities, like the Olmec and Maya. They cultivated maize and established their foodways.
After that, many other Mesoamerican societies collaborated with their own cuisine techniques, for example, the Teotihuacanos, the Mixtec or the Mazatec.
That is why, currently, Mexican food staples consist of corn, beans, avocados, tomatoes, chilli pepper and sweet potato.
And what about nowadays?
Today, you are going to learn an exquisite recipe made out of some of the most common Mexican staples. So, if you relish Mexican cuisine, this recipe is definitely for you!
You can nurture yourself with gripping information by checking on this link mahatmarice.com/recipes/rice-and-beans-tacos-dorados/. You are going to find even more data about the delicious recipe I bring you today.
Let’s head off to the kitchen
Think about it: tacos with avocado cream and your favourite beer or wine. Nothing can go wrong! Let’s see what it is about.
- 2 cups of white rice.
- 1 cup of canola oil, divided.
- 2 diced onions.
- 6 minced cloves of garlic.
- 4 tablespoons of canned chipotles.
- A pinch of salt.
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper.
- 4 cups of vegetable broth.
- 2 cans of drained and rinsed pinto beans.
- 2 cups of shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- 2 cups of crumbled Cotija cheese.
- 30 corn tortillas.
- 4 cups of shredded rotisserie chicken.
For the avocado cream
- 4 halved and peeled avocados.
- 2 cups of sour cream.
- ½ cup of lime juice.
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin.
- A pinch of salt.
- A pinch of black pepper.
- 4 tablespoons of cilantro leaves.
- To begin with, preheat the oven to 220 C ( 425°F). Add 6 tablespoons of oil to a pan placed over medium heat. Cook the onion, the garlic and the chipotles for about 5 minutes.
- Then, add the white rice, the salt and pepper and cook for another 3 minutes.
- After that, pour the vegetable broth and bring it to a simmer. Cover the pan with a lid and reduce the heat to low. Cook for about 20 minutes. The rice should be tender and most of the broth should be absorbed.
- Take the pan out of the heat and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Uncover it and fluff the rice with a fork.
- The next step is to pulse the beans in a food processor until they are smooth. Add the Monterey Jack and Cotija cheese.
- Then, add ¼ cup of the bean mixture to each tortilla and top it with the rice preparation and the chicken. Make the rolls and brush them with the rest of the oil. Put them on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Finally, bake the tacos for about 15 minutes or until the tortillas are golden brown.
You just need to add the avocados, the sour cream, the lime juice, the cumin, the salt and the pepper to a food processor and mix them well until they are smooth. Finally, fold the mixture in cilantro.
You can serve the avocado cream in a dip or you can spread it over each taco. No matter how you serve it, it will give your dish such a distinctive flavour that will make you feel you are in heaven!
This recipe is so tasty that, once you make it, you will never feel like eating any other dish again. It really is exquisite. You will see!
It is an ideal dish for a family gathering, since children find tacos really fun to eat. They are an amazing option for a friends’ meeting, too, because it is a dish that will take you less than an hour to be ready and it will make you look like a professional chef.
Whenever you prepare it, you are going to love it. So, what are you waiting for? Easy, delicious and with simple ingredients. Go and check if you have all the necessary ingredients and start enjoying this dish! You won’t regret it.