There are so many skin care products touting numerous benefits, that it can be confusing. One popular product available is the face mask. Even in this category, you can find face masks for relaxation, rejuvenation, exfoliation, hydration, collagen production and redness reduction.
People who struggle with acne may wonder if a face mask is beneficial. In general, the answer is yes, but it is important to use all natural skin products for the best results.
Beneficial Face Mask Ingredients to Help Fight Acne
When looking for the best organic acne treatment, there are a variety of products to use. You may want to have something for spot treatment as well as an overall treatment, such as a face mask. When looking for the best mask for acne, there are certain ingredients you should look for. These include:
- Charcoal –charcoal is a powerful ingredient because it attracts dirt and other impurities from deep down, and it removes them like a magnet
- Coffee – just like it does for energy levels, coffee gives the skin a boost, which can help with skin regeneration
- Tea –tea provides the skin with important vitamins like E and C which help fight free radicals
- Salicylic acid –this powerful acne fighter helps eliminate and prevent pimples
- Glycolic acid –this helps exfoliate the skin, which can fight acne by clearing facial pores
- Benzoyl peroxide – this has anti-bacterial properties to help combat acne
- Bentonite – a common ingredient in clay masks, this helps reduce redness and detoxifythe skin
How to Apply an Acne-Fighting Face Mask
For the most effective results, it is important to apply the face mask a certain way and to take the time to do it right. You always want to apply the mask to a clean face, as a mask will trap everything underneath. Use a quality product such as the best vegan face wash or an organic kind. Use warm water so your pores open up and can best penetrate the beneficial ingredients in the mask. If you are using your hands to apply the product, make sure they are clean as well.
Use a brush or your fingers to apply the mask. Use a gentle touch and apply in an upward motion to prevent sagging skin. Make sure you spread the mask evenly and avoid the eye area.
The amount of time you leave the mask on varies from product to product. Follow the instructions, as leaving it on for too long can lead to issues such as clogged pores or dry skin.
Remove the mask gently, as the skin will be more sensitive than normal, andpat with a towel to dry it off. A mask helps improve the absorbency of the skin, so afterwards is the perfect time to apply other acne-fighting products. Choose ones, such as moisturizers and toners, that are gentler to your skin.
Choose the Right Face Mask
People who struggle with acne are always looking for the best product to get rid of pimples and prevent blemish flare-ups. Adding a face mask to the skin care routine can be beneficial, especially if you use one with the right ingredients.