Cannabis plant has gained a lot of popularity for a variety of reasons. As of today, you don’t have to take a puff or sneak into ‘euphoric world’ to enjoy its benefits. CBD, a nonpsychoactive compound found in strains of cannabis is widely used now in medicine and as an ingredient in beauty products. But does CBD really useful for your body? Health experts and consumers seem to agree that it is packed with numerous health benefits that leave your skin asking for more.
CBD infused beauty products usually contain CBD extract in the form of oil. This oil is processed from the seeds and the stalks of the hemp plant, which is originally meant for industrial use. The difference between the hemp and marijuana is the amount of THC, which is a psychoactive compound. Unlike marijuana, hemp initially has a very little percentage of THC and its level drops to a zero after the seeds are processed. CBD oil from hemp is mostly used for recreation and in medicinal marijuana programs.
Available CBD Beauty Products
Nowadays CBD oil gains popularity and is included in many beauty products thanks to its medicinal and therapeutic properties. Some of the topical products are body and massage lotions, lip balm and lipstick, moisturising creams, hand creams and facial oils. Hair products include pomades, treatments and shampoos. Also, there are bath salts and spa treatments.
What are the health benefits of using CBD beauty products?
CBD oil has strong anti-inflammatory properties. It contains Omega 3, 6 and 9 which do wonders for your skin. Here are known health benefits of CBD beauty products.
- Seal cracks between the skin cells to prevent cracking of the skin.
- Counter skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis and itching due to CBD’s anti-inflammatory nature.
- Regulate skin oil production to counter acne and seborrhoea.
- Have an anti-oxidant effect on your skin.
- Aid hydration to keep your skin well moisturised.
- Are humectant, what makes it easy for the body to preserve moisture.
- Bring out a glow on your skin and keep it looking young.
- Help with pain and inflammation of the skin.
- Keep your lips soft and moisturized.
- Help relax, especially when the oil is used in massage creams and sprays.
- Keep hair and scalp moisturized and healthy.
Are they worth using?
These cannabis extracts are some of Mother Nature’s gift to mankind. They are worth using by all means. Here are a few points that back up the recommendation:
- CBD beauty products do not penetrate past the outer layer of the skin and so cannot cause any internal effect on the body.
- They do not cause any ‘high’ or dependence.
- They will not make you fail a drug test, because CBD does not show up in a drug test.
- They are non-toxic.
- All members of the family can safely use them.
- There are no significant side effects.
The use of CBD beauty products has become very prevalent. Apparently, one can enjoy all the benefits of cannabis extracts without getting intoxicated. CBD is now used in various beauty products more than ever before. More and more consumers are being drawn to them due to their medicinal and therapeutic qualities.
CBD beauty products include creams, oils, lotions, hair pomades, hair and spa treatments, bath salts, lip balms, lipsticks and moisturizers among others. Some of the benefits include skin hydration, anti-inflammatory properties, hair and scalp nourishment, lip protection, general skin health and alleviation of common skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, acne, seborrhoea and dermatitis. The CBD beauty products are definitely worth a trial since they are generally safe to use for all members of the family.