Lemon is a part of the citrus fruit group, alongside with orange, grapefruit etc. Lemon is really beneficial to your health. It is rich in vitamin C, vitamin B, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium. Lemon crust is also good for your health, it contains vitamin P that eliminate microbes. Lemon crust also contains ethereal oils that can help you normalize your blood pressure, lower your bad cholesterol levels, boost your immune system, calm down your headache and improve your concentration.
Lemon and Health
Lemon has been used for ages because of his healing powers. It’s been recommended for lowering blood pressure, cleansing your liver, reducing arthritis pain, for infections, flue etc. Lemon is a cure for stomach because of his laxative effect. It can also boost your immune system. If you’re having a cold, try drinking freshly squeezed lemon juice. It will help you fight the cold and also stop the infection. Lemon also has antibacterial and antivirus properties.
The Power of Lemon Water
It’s really easy to prepare lemon water. All you need to do is mix the pulp and the juice of ½ squeezed lemon with some warm water and drink it. Lemon water will work wonders for your organism.
– Lemon water will help your body get rid of the toxins. Your skin won’t look healthy if your organism is full with toxins. Once you cleanse your organism, your skin will be clear and acne-free.
– It helps your digestive system. It can help you with acids, constipation, parasites, and will improve food digestion.
– Because it’s rich in vitamin C, lemon water is also useful in curing infections, wounds, allergies and sore throat,
– Lemon water works like a diuretic. It’s very useful for people who have urinary tract infections. It also helps people with arthritis because it helps get rid of toxins and bacteria.
– Lemon juice mixed with some water is extremely beneficial for pregnant women. It’s great for the bones and brain of the unborn baby.
Read more: 10 Reasons why you should drink lemon water
Lemon and Your Body
Women often struggle with their weight. If you have some extra pounds, don’t drink weight loss pills. Choose a healthier way to get rid of your weight. Choose the powerful lemon.
Studies have shown that people who consume lemon every day, don’t have weight problems. The reason is because lemon contains antioxidants that regulate blood sugar levels and reduce hunger. Also, people who drink lots of lemon juice easily lose weight because vitamin C improves your metabolism.
You can also use lemon for your hair. If you’re blond, use lemon to lighten your hair. Squeeze ½ lemon, apply the juice on your hair and sit 1 hour outside on the sun.
Sweating during summer is normal. If you want to reduce sweating, drink a cup of chamomile tea with lemon every night before going to bed.
Lemon and Your Home
Lemon tree leafs disinfect air and kill bacteria. Therefore, it’s very useful having a lemon tree in your home.
Read more: Grow Your Own Lemon Tree From Seed
Some other useful tips:
- Use lemon juice to reduce pain caused by a bee sting
- Lemon can stop bleeding and it’s a natural antiseptic
- Squeeze some lemon in your coffee to stop your headache
- Regularly drinking lemon juice can help you with your kidney stones
- Lemon can help you fight against acne. If you have oily skin, apply some lemon juice on your skin twice a week. Leave the juice for 5 minutes and then wash your face.
Extra TIP: Buy lemons that are bright yellow and fresh looking. Lemon with thin crust has more juice than lemon with thick crust.