The days where a woman’s place was in the kitchen or the house are long gone. That doesn’t mean that keeping your home neat or tidy is no longer a necessity. Well, it still is. But if you think about it, it may be challenging to juggle between cleaning and work.
Some careers consume significant portions of your time. Shift jobs are an excellent example of such jobs. Juggling between work, your free time, house chores, and family (if you have one) can be challenging. But there are ways to create more time for yourself, and family.
If they pile up, chores can be very intimidating and at the same time unpleasant to handle. Besides hiring professional cleaning services, there are several tips and tricks you can employ to ensure that your house is always neat and clean.
- Start with your bed
There is a saying that if you want to see a better world start by making your bed. The sight of an untidy bed will outright create the impression that you are untidy or lazy. Making your bed may seem uphill, but what about cleaning your bedding, especially the duvets? To make sure your duvet is ever clean, it is important to invest in a removable and easy to clean cover.
- Clean dishes before bed
If you are a cooking person, especially dinner. It is important to make sure that you wash your dishes. This will not only ensure that your kitchen is neat, but will ensure that pests and diseases are kept away. Some of the pests that are attracted to food leftovers include roaches and flies. These pests can quickly spread diseases that can be expensive to treat.
It is also worth noting that in their numbers, roaches create a very unpleasant sight and can be expensive and difficult to exterminate.
- Organize your wardrobe or closet
Your wardrobe or closet is one of the places you frequent in the house. It is vital to sort clothes, shoes, and accessories that you are likely to use for the week. This will make your bedroom look tidier and or organized. This also saves you significant time in the morning. It would be nice to designate a laundry basket to store the dirty clothes after each day if you don’t have ample time to do the laundry.
- Handling trash
Your day to day activities will result in refuse. You might already be having a trash bin, but the question is, is your trash bin organized? Organizing your rubbish is not as hard, it starts with you getting an extra rubbish bin if you are only using one. The second step is using one bin for recyclables such as; papers, plastics, aluminum cans, and glass bottles. Use the second bins for food items such as leftovers and bad foods.
Properly covering the trash will keep the pest and diseases away. It is also essential to try as much as you can to avoid spillages of the garbage.
- Simple cleaning habits
There are sections or areas of the house that you use more than others. These areas include;
- Toilets – How often do you clean your toilet? You are advised to clean your toilet at least once every week thoroughly. Flushing your bathroom also prevents bacteria build-up.
- Sinks and Faucets- Your sinks come in contact with a lot of water on a daily bases, but it is vital to give them and the faucets a thorough scrub with the right material. This ensures cleanliness and at the same time ensures that they are kept in pristine condition.
- Countertops and tables- Wiping kitchen/bathroom countertops will keep the dirt away. Using disinfectants ensures that the surfaces are kept free from disease-causing pests. The same applies to tables; cleaning gets rid of spillages of food and drinks.
- Equipment and accessories you should have
To easily maintain a clean home, there are several types of equipment and accessories you should invest in. These can either be electrical or nonelectrical equipment.
- Electrical equipment are types of equipment that use electricity to operate. They include; vacuum cleaners, steam mops, paper shredders, and dishwashers.
- Nonelectrical equipment includes any devices or accessories that do not use electricity. These are mops, laundry baskets, gloves, wipes, detergents, disinfectants, and many more.