Many people have bunions. Their appearance can be inherited or can be caused by wearing improper shoes. They can be quite painful and uncomfortable and can affect your quality of life. Many people, trying to solve their bunions, undergo surgery, but there are natural ways to treat them and prevent from growing.
Here are 5 ways to shrink your bunions without surgery:
1. Walk barefoot
Walk barefoot, anytime you get the chance. Walking barefoot will strengthen your foot muscles and return the toe bone to the proper place.
2. Make your foot muscles stronger
Exercises will strengthen your foot muscles and ease the pain. Perform the exercises carefully, without overloading your bunion.
– Curl your toes around a towel and pull towards you and then straighten them. Do 5-10 repetitions.
– Stand up straight. Press your toes on the floor for 10 seconds without lifting the heel off. Lift your toes up and hold them for 10 seconds. Do 5 repetitions.
3. Use ice to reduce the pain
Ice can reduce pain and inflammation in the bunion. Wrap a couple of ice cubes in a cloth and place them in your bunion. Don’t press them too hard. Hold for 15-20 minutes.
4. Castor oil can shrink bunions
Castor oil has antimicrobial and antioxidant properties and can help you reduce pain and inflammation. Heat 100 ml of castor oil in a pan and then dip a cloth in the oil and place it on the bunion. Wrap your foot with a towel to keep it warm. Hold the oil for 20 minutes. You can do this remedy 2 times a day.
5. Bunion corrector
Bunion correctors can ease the inconvenience of wearing shoes and prevent rubbing. They also hold the thumb in a natural position, which help the bone return to the original place.