Content marketing trends in 2022 have advanced beyond traditional advertising to using short-form explainer videos, text-based content, images, infographics, and podcasts. Video continues to top the chat as a preferred content marketing tool due to its high engagement rate across generations (Generation X, Baby boomers, Millennials, and Generation Z).
As a business in Sydney, Australia, you will need marketing video production in Sydney as part of your content marketing strategy. This will help you utilize the full potential of video in promoting business growth.
What is content marketing?
Content marketing is using effective distribution strategies to reach your audience with engaging content relevant to their needs with the aim of building a long-term relationship that converts your audience to loyal customers.
Modern marketing trends in Australia and other parts of the world use distribution strategies and channels like videos, social media, blogs, forums, websites, landing pages, email newsletters, infographics, ebooks, and podcasts to reach their audience.
Here’s a number of content marketing trends your business should embrace;
Content creation is a term for all activities you engage in to create topics that appeal to and align with your audience’s needs (knowing what your audiences are searching for online) and written or audio-visual content that centers around your topics. Contents are published online as blog posts, podcasts, infographics, or other types of online content to promote wider business visibility and coverage.
Content creation makes your business, brand, or products discoverable and helps you attract new audiences while maintaining old customers.
Keep the following in mind when creating content for your business
- Your content should be easily accessible
- Your content should be original and engaging, conveying your business’s unique ideas and points of view.
- Your content should have a unique style consistent with your goals, theme, and topics.
- Your content should be in simple, clear terms so that audiences can engage, flow and relate to your content.
- Your content should include a mix of texts, images, videos, diagrams, infographics, etc.
- Include links to internal and external sources in your content
- Use listing or numbering style where possible
Answer your audience’s questions
A marketing trend for 2022 is answering questions. Your content marketing strategies should answer questions about your business, products, or services, giving detailed information about what your audiences want to know. Such information can be conveyed through a detailed FAQ section, active forum, and good customer care ethics, which include providing a 24/7 helpline, LiveChat, email support, and online form.
Some criteria you should take into mind include
- FAQs should be organized into sections for easy navigation
- Audiences and customers should get instant and satisfactory answers from your customer support channels.
- Your customer support team should be of good disposition, taking time to solve your customers’ issues.
Use Interactive content marketing.
Interactive content is a marketing strategy that uses content the audience can engage, relate to, and interact with. For example, tailoring your content to include online calculators, webinars, or quizzes audiences can interact with. Interactive content increases audience engagement time on your website, increases the chances of your audience returning to your website later, and helps you capture data and build brand loyalty.
Interactive content you should consider using include:
- Online tools and calculators like currency converter, loan calculator, love calculator, etc.
- Image sliders
- Interactive infographics
- Interactive maps
- Interactive video
- Interactive webinars
Criteria to consider when choosing an interactive content type
- Know the type of interactive marketing that works well with your audience
- Budget and resources
- Technical requirements
Intensify your blogging activities to increase conversion
Intense planning, research, and hard work go into creating a blog that attracts the audience to your business. Building a blog starts by stating your goals clearly, getting a host, domain name, and good content management system (WordPress remains the most widely-used CMS).
Your content should be centered around what audiences are always searching for online. Hence, it is essential to create informative, engaging, and SEO articles that can improve your ranking on Search Engine Result Pages and make your business stand out from the competition.
Create videos content
Video as a form of content marketing will continue to work wonders in your business because 92% of audiences who view videos on their mobile share with others. Therefore, you should focus on using video as a marketing tool to give your business more awareness, solve problems and make you stand out from competitors.
Benefits of video as a content marketing tool
- Increases your conversion rate
- Creates a stronger emotional connection between your audiences
- Creates a higher engagement rate
- Improves your website’s SEO ranking
Criteria for making an engaging video
- Your video should be attention-grabbing
- Add value to your audience or solve their problem
- Be consistent with a video style that generates the most traffic
- Focus on producing high-quality video
- Include Call-to-action in your video
- Share on social media platforms, including TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.
Now is the best time to use content marketing trends in vogue to promote your business growth. Focusing on videos as a marketing tool is the in-thing as several research and statistics have shown that video marketing remains the leading content marketing tool with the highest engagement rate.
Vidico remains your best go-to explainer video production company in Australia that can work hand-in-hand with you to create videos that can see your audience engagement rate shooting to the moon.