People who try to get healthier and slimmer body are usually in doubt whether the food they consume contains more or less calories, and what types of food should they include into their diet to get better results. We all kind of want to have faster results, but each body works differently and needs different amounts of time to proceed the changes.
Here are the 15 alkaline foods that you should include into your diet if you like to lose those extra pounds:
Alkaline Food – Prevent Obesity, Heart Disease and Cancer
- Salad – only 3 calories are found in one lettuce leaf, so salad is always a great option.
- Berries – rich in Vitamin C, great for heart, digestion, diuretic, fights edema.
- Eggs – rich in proteins, consume them boiled not fried.
- Cabbage, Broccoli, Cauliflower – low in calories, consume them several times a week.
- Pineapple – rich in bromelain which promotes fat burning.
- Plum and Apple – great source of Vitamin C and potassium, excellent for the cardiovascular system, improve digestion (100gr apple – 50cal, 100gr plums – 45cal).
- Beet – regulates the blood sugar, strengthens the muscles, promotes fat burn, (piece of beet – 40cal).
- Zucchini – regulates the water-salt ratio in your body, promotes intestinal health, lowers the energy after eating a heavy meal (average serving – 42cal).
- Grapefruit, Orange, Tangerine – contain flavonoids, fiber, and vitamin-C, improve the liver function, digestion, and make you satiated.
- Cucumber – consists of 90% water, hydrates the skin, great against swelling, excellent for keeping a healthy body weight.
- Eggplant – grilled eggplant has only 24 calories.
- Melon – hydrates the body, eliminates the toxins, pH value – 8.5 and that makes it excellent alkaline food.
- Bananas – protect the heart, maintain the body line, balance the blood sugar levels, improve digestion.
- Popcorn – you can eat as much as you like without butter (average serving – 31cal).
- Celery – consists of 95% water, helps with losing weight, diuretic.