The thyroid is a major gland located in the center of your neck. This gland is responsible for the metabolism and that’s why it’s important to keep it functioning properly.
More than 25 million Americans have a thyroid problem, and most of them didn’t even know it. The main problem related to the thyroid gland is having an under-active thyroid or hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism, also called underactive thyroid or low thyroid, is a disorder of the endocrine system in which the thyroid gland does not produce enough thyroid hormone. It can cause a number of symptoms, such as poor ability to tolerate cold, a feeling of tiredness, constipation, depression, and weight gain.
The most common type of hypothyroidism is Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, which is an autoimmune disease in which the thyroid gland is gradually destroyed.
You’re not sure if you have a thyroid problem? Here are the 10 signs of Hypothyroidism:
- Sudden weight gain or unable to lose weight
- Feeling fatigue or exhaustion after a regular 8 hours sleep
- Feeling consistently colder
- Feeling anxious, depressed or having recurring mood swings
- Imbalanced hormones causing low sex drive, PMS and even infertility
- Dehydrated skin accompanied by weak and dry hair
- Some mental problems such as brain fog, poor memory and concentration
- Muscle and joint pain, carpal tunnel syndrome and tendonitis
- Snoring during sleep, swelling in the neck area and coarse voice
10 ways to deal with the thyroid problem
- Start a gluten-free diet
- Take multivitamins that contain selenium, zinc and iron
- Take an iodine supplement
- Practice yoga and meditation to soothe your circulatory system
- Remove any amalgam fillings from your teeth
- Make sure you have 8-10 hours of sleep
- Your environment and diet must be immune to chlorine, fluoride and bromide
- Regulate the intake of cruciferous vegetables
- Make sure your gut is healthy
- The root of your thyroid problem must be found an treated by specialist!
Identify the given 10 signs of having thyroid and then follow the 10 steps to cure it. It won’t help you in jiffy, however if you are persistent enough with these solutions, they are definitely going to help you for sure.