Take a look at this healthy recipe for preparing delicious Portobello Burger for your special dinner.
Ingredients for Portobello Burger (makes 4 servings)
- 4 medium portabella mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 medium onion, cut into ½ inch slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ tsp salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- 4 whole wheat buns or whole wheat English Muffins, lightly toasted
- 4 jarred roasted red peppers
- Mix the mushrooms and the onion slices with oil; sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of the salt and ¼ teaspoon of the pepper.
- Heat large pan over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms to cook until tender, for 8-10 minutes, turning once. Add mushrooms to a plate, cavity side up; cover to keep warm.
- In same pan, cook the onion slices until golden, for about 8 minutes, and turn them occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine ½ avocado, garlic and remaining ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper; mash until smooth.
- With a spoon put onions and roasted peppers into mushrooms cavities and divided equitable. Spread smooth Avocado mixture/guacamole/green pea guacamole on the bottom of each bun; top each with stuffed mushrooms.
- Top with remaining sliced avocado. Cover with tops of buns.
- Serve with a large raw vegetable salad.