Raw and chafed skin often occurs of constantly rubbing your skin by other materials. The constant abrasion may cause peeling of the skin and sometimes even bleeding. Therefore, it is very important and also very helpful to know how to heal raw skin. Taking preventing measures is very helpful to keep your skin from often irritation.
Here are some home treatments and helpful tips, that will help you in the healing process.
Olive Oil Skin Irritation Treatment
– Add a few teaspoons of olive oil in a dish. Use a cotton ball to dab easily the mixture.
– Wash the irritated skin area with gentle soap and lukewarm water. Apply olive oil directly to the infected skin area. Leave it on for a few hours, to allow the olive oil to seep into the skin and moisturize the dry and raw skin. Repeat this treatment a few times a week.
Oatmeal Bathtub Raw Skin Treatment
– Pour lukewarm water into a bathtub. Remember, do not use hot water, because hot water can cause additional skin irritation and may dry more your skin.
– Drop a few handfuls of oatmeal into the bathtub and leave it one for a few minutes.
– Stay in the bathtub for about 25 – 30 minutes. Allow the oatmeal to soothe your irritated raw skin on the body. With the excess of oatmeal, tap slightly the more intense spots of the irritated skin.
– Wash your body of the oatmeal with. Then, gently with a towel, pat your dry skin. Remember, do not rub the skin, because it may cause additional skin irritation and stop the treatment to work.
– Use a small amount of cream with vitamin E oil or vitamin E and apply to the affected skin area. Allow the vitamins to deliver the needed powerful nutrients to the infected area.
- Try to place a larger ban-aids on the most sensitive body areas such as between the legs to prevent rubbing and irritating to the skin.
- Keep your skin area which is most prone to drying and chafing well moisturized. Try petroleum jelly or other nourishing skin oils such as olive oil.
- If skin becomes more infected and begins to bleed, clean the irritated area with anti-bacterial soap. You can also use alcohol or peroxide to kill any existing germs inside the skin.
- If your skin is prone to the rawness and irritation, always chose to wear a loose fitting clothes, that will allow air to circulate through the clothes. Often chafing and skin irritation have been results of wearing too tight clothes and sweating more in exacting areas of the body.