It’s a real treasure to have beautiful hair and the key to having it is essential oils. Essential oils are extremely powerful and they’re the best things you can use on your hair. They can strengthen your hair, make it grow faster, restore the damage and they’re great to fight hair loss.
Do you have any hair problems? Don’t worry because we have the right essential oil that will help you solve it!
1. Dry Hair
– Lavender oil regulates the sebum production and seals in the moisture.
– Sandalwood oil seals in the moisture.
– Geranium oil naturally conditions the scalp and balances the oil production.
– Jasmine oil moisturizes your hair and makes it silky and soft.
Mix 5-7 drops of some of the mentioned essential oils with 1 tbsp warm coconut, olive or avocado oil. Massage the mixture into your scalp and leave it for a couple of hours. Wash it off afterwards!
2. Oily Hair
– Lemon oil balances natural scalp oils.
– Geranium oil prevents the appearance of greasiness and normalizes the work of the sebaceous glands.
– Grapefruit oil normalizes oil secretion.
Mix 6-7 drops of any oil mentioned above with 1 tbsp of carrier oil into your scalp. Massage it in for 2-3 minutes. Leave it on for 60-90 minutes and then rinse. The best carrier oil for greasy hair are almond, calendula and pumpkin oil.
3. Strengthening the hair and preventing hair loss
– Rosemary oil strengthens the roots and restores the skin’s elasticity.
– Lavender oil is the best oil for preventing hair loss.
– Chamomile oil nourishes the hair and stimulates hair growth.
– Thyme oil restores damaged hair and stop hair loss.
– Clary sage oil stimulates growth and regeneration.
Treat your roots to prevent hair loss and make your hair stronger. Mix 6-7 drops of any oil mentioned above with 1 tbsp carrier oil. Rub the mixture into the scalp and leave it overnight or a few hours. Wash as usual. Use burdock, castor or olive oil as carrier oil.
4. Stimulating hair growth
– Lemon, orange and mandarin oil have a strengthening effect.
– Cedarwood oil nourishes the scalp and hair and has a healing effect.
– Carrot seed oil increases blood circulation, strengthens the hair and regenerates and restores hair.
– Patchouli oil accelerates hair growth and is calming.
Mix 6-7 drops of any oil mentioned above with 1 tbsp of carrier oil. Massage the mixture into the scalp. Leave the mixture on for a couple of hours and then wash. Use castor, almond or olive oil as carrier oil.
– Patchouli and lavender oils are most effective for fighting dandruff.
– Lemongrass, peppermint, tea tree and lemongrass oils are great if your dandruff is caused by a fungus.
Mix 10 drops of any essential oil mentioned above with 1 tbsp carrier oil. Massage the mixture into your scalp and leave it overnight. Wash your hair in the morning. Use burdock, castor or olive oil as carrier oil.
6. Damaged hair and split ends
– Thyme oil restores hair and makes it look healthy.
– Chamomile, lavender, geranium, sandalwood, cedarwood and rosewood oils are extremely effective for split ends.
The treatment for damaged hair and split ends can be done in 2 ways:
- Pre-wash treatment: Mix 6-7 drops of oil with 1 tbsp of carrier oil. Apply all over your hair, especially at the ends. Leave on for 20 minutes and then wash as usual.
- Leave-in hair treatment: Add 10 drops of essential oil in a spray bottle. Shake before using. Spray all over your hair after shampooing while your hair is still wet.
Application and Wash
Don’t wet your hair to wash off the essential oil mask. Apply the shampoo onto your oily hair and cleanse your entire hair. You’ll need more shampoo than usual because of the oil in your hair. Wash the shampoo off and then shampoo your hair as usual.
Don’t use pure essential oil because it’s very concentrated. Always mix in the oils with carrier oils. For prevention, apply the mixture once a week. For therapeutic purposes use it 2-3 times a week. Some of the oils should not be used by pregnant women.