Start your day with healthy and quick smoothie recipes. Smoothies provide important vitamins, minerals and protein from the ingredients such as fruit, yogurt, low-fat milk… For an easy breakfast, choose one of these healthy morning smoothies.
Gingery Berry and Oat Smoothie
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (low-fat)
- 1/2 cup ice cubs
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ to ½ tsp ginger (fresh grated)
Put the oats in a blender and add ½ cup of water. Let the oats for about 15 minutes to get soft. Add the blueberries, yogurt, ice cubes, brown sugar and ginger and blend until smooth.
Extra tip: Use a spoon to peel the skin of the ginger root. Grate the ginger root with box grater.
Peanut Butter and Hazelnut Smoothie
- 1 and ½ cups coconut milk (frozen in ice cubes)
- 1 tbsp hazelnut spread
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp chocolate nibs
- Half banana (frozen)
- Chocolate granola for garnish
- 1 tsp natural sweetener (optional)
Combine 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, half frozen banana, 1 cup coconut milk in a blender. Blend and add to a large glass. Then, rinse the blender and combine 1 tbsp hazelnut spread, 1 tbsp chocolate nibs, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup coconut milk and 4 large ice cubes. If you like extra sweet, add natural sweetener. Blend until smooth and pour to your glass.
Extra tip: For a creamier finish, when preparing to make smoothie it is very helpful if you freeze your ingredients. You can freeze the coconut milk, the yogurt, fruits for a creamier end result.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Smoothie
- 3 tbsp of pumpkin (if you would like more pumpkin flavor add a couple more)
- 1 cup of milk (soy milk, almond milk, or whole)
- 1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt (or Greek yogurt)
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 banana (small)
- Cinnamon graham cracker crumbs for garnish (optional)
Blend all ingredients for about 2 minutes. Then, add optional garnish and enjoy!
Extra tip: You can make your smoothie with your favorite milk such as soy milk, almond milk, coconut milk, whole milk… Also, if you love the pumpkin flavor, you may add more pumpkin to this recipe.
Read for more about fat burning smoothies at: http://www.healthyfoodhome.com/10-fat-burning-smoothies-actually-work/