Bring the sunny and amazing Italian kitchen at your table with these 3 delicious and healthy Italian salad recipes.
Big Italian Salad
The taste of this salad will definitely remind you of your childhood.
- 1 garlic clove (smashed)
- Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp oregano (chopped or dried)
- ¼ cup and 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 large romaine heart (chopped)
- 1 small head of radicchio (halved, cored and coarsely chopped)
- ¼ iceberg lettuce head (coarsely chopped)
- 1 tender celery rib (thinly sliced)
- ½ small red onion (thinly sliced)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup pitted green olives
- 8 peperoncini
- 1 cup (2 ounces) Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (shaved)
Servings: 4-6 Total time: 30 minutes
In a larger bowl, smash the garlic to a paste with a little of salt. Whisk in the vinegar and oregano, and then whisk in the olive oil. Season with freshly ground pepper. Add all of the remaining ingredients and toss well. Serve immediately.
Nutrition per one serving: 273 cal, 6 gm carb, 4.6 gm saturated fat, 25 gm fat, 6 gm protein, 2 gm fiber.
This traditional Tuscan salad is made of bright and refreshing flavors gently combined to bring the sunny taste of Italy to your table.
- 2 cups (8 ounces) green beans (cut in pieces)
- 1 head Romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 1 can (15-ounce) cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- ½ cup black olives (pitted)
- ½ red onion (cut into slivers)
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
Servings: 4 Total time: 15 minutes
Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add the green beans to cook, stirring for about 2 minutes. Put the cooked green beans to a bowl of ice water and leave them to cool for about 3 minutes, and then drain the green beans.
In a larger bowl, combine the green beans with the Romaine lettuce, cannellini green beans, pitted olives, and red onion, toss well to combine. Sprinkle with lemon juice and olive oil, the drizzle with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Top with shaved Parmesan and serve immediately.
Nutrition per one serving: 305 cal, 19g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 11g protein, 26g carb, 5g sugar
Italian Salad with Strawberries and Tomatoes
An explosive salad with intense flavor of each combined ingredient.
- ½ loaf Italian bread (cut in cubes)
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup fresh strawberries (diced)
- 1 and ½ roma plum tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- 1 ounce crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tbsp and 1 + ½ tsp red onion (diced)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
Servings: 4 Total time: 25 minutes
In a larger baking sheet mix the bread cubes with 2 tbsp olive oil, garlic powder and onion powder, salt, and freshly ground black pepper, until evenly coated; then spread mixture into a single layer.
Bake in preheated oven to 375 degrees F (or 190 degrees C) until toasted, for about 10 minutes.
Add the toasted bread cubes in a large bowl and mix with the diced strawberries, tomatoes, crumbled feta cheese, and onion. Whisk 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, and honey in a small bowl; drizzle over bread and tomato salad. Toss to coat and serve immediately.