The main reason why fat is accumulating in your face is aging or consuming too much alcohol. It’s extremely difficult to reduce face fat, but here are some tips that can help you get rid of chubby cheeks the natural way.
Causes of chubby cheeks
The appearance of chubby cheeks can be really annoying and often gives you a damp and dull look.
Here are the most common causes of chubby cheeks:
- Dehydration: When your body is dehydrated, it starts storing water as much as it can which may lead to bloating and appearance of chubby cheeks.
- Imbalanced diet: Lack of vitamins and essential minerals leads to having chubby cheeks.
- Consumption of excess alcohols: Drinking alcohol leads to dehydration and storing fat in your face.
- Diseases and medical conditions: Kidney diseases, allergies, sinus infections and hypothyroidism can lead to having chubby cheeks.
- Aging: As we grow older, our skin becomes saggy and wrinkled, which can make your face look dull and puffy.
Here’s how to get rid of chubby cheeks:
There is no need of medications to get rid of face fat. Here are some natural ways to get rid of chubby cheeks:
- Drink a lot of water daily.
- Go for a healthy and balanced diet. Eat fresh fruits, veggies, and foods rich in antioxidants.
- Reduce the consumption of salt.
- Increase the intake of calcium rich foods. Eat more spinach, salmon fish, broccoli, etc.
- Limit the intake of alcohol, sodas, colas, coffee and tea with caffeine.
- Reduce the intake of carbohydrates. Cut the sugar and food rich in carbs and avoid processed food.
- Sleep 7-8 hours daily.
Exercises that can help you get rid of chubby cheeks:
There are some exercises that can help you get rid of face fat if you are doing them on a regular basis.
Moving your jaws
Sit on a chair in a straight position and open your mouth slowly. Then, bring out your lower lip in a forward position. This will force the jaws to move forwards.Stay in this position till the area near your ears feel stressed. After 10 seconds, move your jaw in a backward position. Repeat this exercise for 10 times.
Smiling with your lips when mouth is shut
Shut your mouth. Give a fake smile. Try to make it a wider smile. Keep your lips intact with each other. Stay in these positions for few seconds and after that relax. Repeat this process 10-15 times for a better result.
Smiling with your lips in a fish shape
Suck your lips back into your cheeks. Make it to form the shape of a fish. In this position, try smiling. Stay in the smiling position for about 10-15 seconds. Relax after 15 seconds. Repeat this exercise 5 times a day for a better result.
Blowing out air from your mouth
Form an O shape by using your lips. From the lips now try to blow out the air. Keep blowing for the time you feel that you can’t blow anymore. Relax for some time. Again carry on with this exercise. Repeat this process for at least 5-6 times for a better result.
Rotating the tongue with your mouth closed
Keep your mouth closed. Touch your teeth with your tongue. Hold it there in the same position. Now rotate your tongue inside your mouth in a clockwise direction. Repeat this exercise till you complete 10 rotations. After 10 rotations are done, relax for some time. After relaxation, carry on with this exercise but move your tongue in an anti-clockwise direction. Repeat it 5-6 times a day.