Making changes to your home can be an immensely exciting thing to do. There are a lot of things, big and small, that you can do to modernize your rooms and spaces in order to make it exciting, interesting and comfortable all at once. If there is one space that warrants modernization, it would have to be your bathroom!
This is simply because:
- Bathrooms can get outdated quickly in terms of fittings and furnishings.
- Because of intensive use, bathrooms reflect the passage of time more deeply than the spaces in the house.
- There are so many easy ways in which you can modernize your bathroom.
This is especially important if you are trying to sell your house. This can also be one of the easiest ways in which you get people to listen when you tell them “buy my house”.
This is one of the easiest ways in which you can refresh your bathroom and one of the quickest ways as well. Choose a really trendy and bright color and you can apply it to almost all the surfaces in the bathroom. Here’s a small tip for you – choose a color a couple of shades lighter than your main choice and paint the ceiling of the bathroom with this choice. It will make the room look spacious. Gone are the days of boring whites and blues, you can easily choose pastel shades and even bright colors for your bathroom.
Replacing the fittings
Depending on the budget and the time at your disposal, you should consider replacing a few fittings. There are quite a few modern options that are available and when you can replace your traditional toilets, best kitchen faucets and bath tubs with these choices, you can enjoy a more streamlined space. For instance:
- Tank less toilets eliminate a bulky tank that can be seen by everyone who uses the bathroom.
- Basins that are uniquely shaped.
- A more silent ventilation fan.
- Towel racks that are sleeker and so on.
It is easy enough to buy different kinds of pieces for the various spaces and fixtures in your bathroom. Some of the ideas that you can experiment with are:
- Matching set of soap dispensers, tissue holders and corner racks and so on.
There are so many options available here as well that you simply must replace your lights with modern lighting systems. From small pendant lights to big lights that can help with better illumination – mix and match to find the perfect way to highlight your modern bathroom. You could also install lights that turn on only when someone walks into the bathroom and switch off automatically when there is nobody in the room.
Tiles and wallpaper
Replacing your existing tiles can also go a very long way in modernizing your bathroom. It also serves a dual purpose:
- Replacing tiles that may be old, broken and moldy.
- Enhancing the aesthetic appeal of the bathroom space.
You can also choose good quality wallpaper that can be used as an accent for your color choices as well.