Most people simply don’t bother about good skincare until acne, blemishes or dark spots set in. The skin is the largest organ in the body and it plays several crucial roles including protecting you from the harmful UV rays, supporting your inner organs and acting as a barrier from the external environment. It is full of numerous nerve endings, helps regulate body temperature and fights infections. By using homemade remedies to correct your skin, you can fight off dark spots and acne.
Here are some of the tried-and-tested remedies for achieving a healthy, glowing skin.
Lemon contains citric acid, which removes dead cells and at the same time promotes exfoliation. It packs excellent health benefits as well. The vitamin C it contains boosts collagen production.
- Squeeze the lemon fruit to extract juice from it, and dilute this juice with a few drops of almond oil
- Using a cotton ball, have the juice applied on your neck and face.
- Let it there for 10-15 minutes
- Wash with lukewarm water
- Repeat every other day for 3-6 weeks
Another option is to mix the lemon juice with some coconut oil, and smear it on your face. Coconut hydrates the skin and lemon helps lighten it.
You can also apply freshly squeezed lemon juice mixed with honey on your face. Let it sit there for 15-20 minutes and then wash off with warm water.
Walnuts happen to be rich in antioxidants and are perfect for dry and dull skin. Not only does walnut help in exfoliation but also rids your skin of impurities.
- Mix two-three tablespoons of yogurt in the same amount of walnut powder until you have a thick paste.
- Have this paste applied evenly on your face and allow it to sit there until it dries.
- Scrub it off while washing off with water.
- Use the pack once a week.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera has both anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, which make it act like a natural astringent, healing scars. This magic plant not only moisturizes the skin but also stimulates the formation of new cells.
- Extract fresh gel from the leaf of aloe vera
- Apply the gel on your face using your fingertips or cotton
- Let it sit there for 15-20 minutes
- Rinse with water
For noticeable change in your skin, it’s important that you follow the remedy religiously.
Keeping your skin properly moisturized helps make it clear. One of the greatest properties of honey is that it’s a great moisturizer. Also, it has antibacterial properties, which enable it to ward off infection.
- Apply honey (raw) straight into your skin.
- Allow it to dry naturally and then rinse with lukewarm water
- The water in the honey will moisturize the skin and make it soft, supple and glowing.
- Do the remedy every other day
Another option is to mix one teaspoon of honey with twice the amount milk. To this mixture add 1 teaspoon of flour and then mix thoroughly. Apply the mixture to your face and leave the mixture for 20 minutes after which you should rinse with warm water.
Use the facemask once every week to experience a clear and radiant skin. If there is no change after all this, you may want to get in contact with a Dermatologist in Mckinney, TX.
5. Baking Soda
Baking soda is a base in nature, meaning that it balances off your skin’s pH, something that is crucial in maintaining clear skin. Also, its mild anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties can cure acne, spots and pimples. Baking soda is also a brilliant exfoliating agent that rids the skin of impurities, dead skin cells and dirt.
- Mix a teaspoon of baking soda with another teaspoon of lemon or water to make a thick paste
- Apply this gently to an already cleaned face so that it can exfoliate the skin
- Lastly, rinse your face using lukewarm water and use a towel to pat it dry.
- Repeat this 2-3 times a week for 4-6 weeks.
As the largest organ of the body, the skin is fragile and exposing it to harsh environments and chemicals only deteriorates its condition. While it is inevitable to completely escape the polluted atmosphere, there are some preventive measures that you can take to reduce the severity of the damage. Take advantage of home ingredients that are readily available in your kitchen to help rejuvenate your skin and make it soft and supple. The advantage with home remedies is that, apart from being effective in skincare, are also free of dangerous chemicals and hence very safe.